DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Hi,
Probably the biggest factor in fixing up a d.i.y holiday is the accessibility of cheap flights. Where can you fly from and which ( preferably budget or no-frills) airlines fly to Tenerife from there?
Once you have found suitable flights, check accommodation availability with ,say ,Travel Republic or Alpha rooms; research the hotel(s) that appeal to you and, if possible,find their e-mail address and check if they accept direct bookings and get a quotation.Then book your flights and immediately confirm your booking with the hotel.Once this is done you can research transfers to and from the airport.Don't forget that you'll be responsible for arranging you own travel Insurance- you can get advice on this as well on good old H.T. Good luck.
willerby,
Have just come accross your post in the A/I forum. If you get any recommendations that appeal to you, ask for direct contact details for the hotel. Most people who are impressed with their accommodation tend to bring home some literature from the hotel for future reference, and these will almost certainly have website and e-mail details on them; you're then halfway there to fixing up your own holiday and saving a lot of money.
Thanks guys . We live near Stansted so prefer to go from there . I'll have a look at the web sites you have recommended . I'll keep you updated .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.