France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
A very sensible questions.

It all depends on where you are, and what the locals are doing. Look around you and then make your decision! The current buzz in France is that ladies are tending to cover up rather than reveal all this summer.
Thank you for your advice - I don't want to upset anyone by showing too much!
Yes I read in the French press yesterday that the 'topless' trend is very much down, especially amongst the young, as they are 'fed up with being stared at by boys'.

Mind you, where I am right now in France it has been raining all day, so everyone looks like they are dressed for the fishing fleets.

But, ordinarily, no-one seems to bat an eye at topless. Certainly there is none of the 'tut-tutting' you would expect in England. Go with the flow, as said above.
:offtop
where I am right now in France it has been raining all day
Quite so, as there is a weather front moving west to east. In MY part we have just had yet another record 30 °C day and are looking forward to some rain tomorrow. But it's NOT all doom and gloom as good weather will be returning midweek ....................

It is ALWAYS sensible to dress appropriately when in another country so that you don't stick out or offend others.
I agree - always best to be careful, thank you all!
Around a Hotel pool stay covered but there is almost always one beach that is natural if you want in Spain it's different 90% seem to be undressed
Thank you Gray, covered up it shall be! I know what you mean about Spain, a very different experience.

Thank you all of you.

Caroline
Definitely a tricky subject

If anyone is having trouble making their mind up, send their pics to me via a PM and i'll help with your decision. It's a hard job as HT's official 'topless' decision maker, but someone has to do it

:rofl
Cidermonster II wrote:
Definitely a tricky subject

If anyone is having trouble making their mind up, send their pics to me via a PM and i'll help with your decision. It's a hard job as HT's official 'topless' decision maker, but someone has to do it

:rofl :rofl

Mr Cider

Got a picture of Blanes in Spain that would make you blind
LOL @ Madcaravanner

Hey, i wasn't being sexist, i never SAID it was limited to women!! :yikes
Ok lets get back on topic :wink
Ta

Kath x
folks just came back from cote d'azur lac annency and other places various site of topless ness. go with the flow of what is around you is our best recomendation.

Mind you we did stay at a naturist resort for a week
Just to say thank you all for your advice - we had a great holiday! x
You're most welcome Caroline. It's always a pleasure to get some feedback from members who've raised an interesting topic. All good wishes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.