Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
robby,
have a look here
http://www.lloret.net/index_e.php
which will give you weather details ,maps etc.

you should not really need a map to find a pub, i tend to find that they find me :D .
most bars/hotels will serve you the local whisky or vodka unless you tell them what you want.
i did have the staff at the robin hood well trained to serve me smirnoff, but there seems to have been quite a lot of staff changes this year(since they got their new bar manager :( :( .

hope this helps.
Thanks again jim, you're a star, much appreciated.

Enjoy your hols.

Take care,

Robby :wink:
Back from LLoret and it was pretty dead, Fanals area even more quiet as were a lot of the near resorts apart from Calella to a degree.
Lloret is decent enough but full of "tat" shops, amusement arcades and empty bars/restauraunts/discos etc.
I enjoyed my trip to Calella and this would have been a much better option for me at this time of year - some good bodegas etc. - so Glynis you have picked well and your hotel looks pretty good as well, enjoy.
The Olympic Park was closed and I was upgraded to a family suite in the Olympic Suites (part of same complex) which I have reviewed and was pretty decent.
Probably better as a summer resort and I wouldn't go back at this time of the year again - although I did enjoy it and have some great memories.
I would have hated to have gone s/c as I would have been sitting in empty restaurants, whereas my hotel was busy and had a bit "hustle and bustle".
Most hotels open were AI and I believe the resort suffered because of this.
I was lucky enough to witness some sort of festival on Sunday where hundreds of locals gathered on the beach to pull in nets by hand to land some tiny fish which were deep fried within minutes and served with bread, a great site and worth the trip just to see this, a nice touch, a great social event.

Robby :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.