America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Grand Canyon Tours
145 Posts
Scrutineer is right... I'd forgotten about that. That was an option when I booked our flights but I declined as we stayed in Boulder City (plus we had our own transport). I'm not sure how much it is but it's worth asking. I'm sure some of the packages include a hotel pick up/drop off in the price.
" scrutineer is right"

thats a statement that confuses me .... never heard it said in this household! :?

I'm sure that maverik have a plce at Vegas airport - we saw the helipcopters parked there every time we drove psy - it would certainly be easier than going to bolder!sounds like a bit more looking round on the internet could make the trip a lot easier
Hi..Right me the silly one! the trip says 4 hours long..hotel to hotel..dah. :roll: ..sorry for the trouble but they do pick you up!.need to read alot slower next tme!
thanks for your help..
no problems - hope you enjoy the trip as much as we did ....jusr a few days ago we were there :cry:
Just booked the 3.30 flight! cant wait....also booked our Celion tickets.got a really good price on Vegas.com.2 front row 1st Mezzanine tickets with a free drink for 155.00 dollars each! seems really cheap compared to other web sights I looked on..dont pick tickets up till just brfore the show! ouch...hope everything is ok.. :roll:
Thanks once again! :thanks
So many on the net, bit confused, want a helicopter ride and good views with nice easy trip from Vegas any body advise good/bad ones?
When my parents visited us a couple of months ago we used Papillon. However, we only did the Grand Canyon tour, it did not include Vegas. Also, it was by plane and not helicopter. They were find to fly with and I'd use them again. I know they offer Vegas flights too so it might be worth checking them out. They sometimes have Internet-only deals where you get money off or get upgraded to a plane (I think the plane flights tend to be more expensive for some reason), so try their website:

http://www.papillon.com/
Hello,
a friend of mine wants to take her mum to the Grand Canyons and a little stop over to Las Vegas for the 50th birthday for about 10 days in october.
Can anyone advice or reccomend of a good travel agent that does this sort of packages?
Any other general advice will be welcome

If you book a trip to Las Vegas, and any of the big operators like BA or United Vacations can organise this for you, its easy to book a day trip to the Grand Canyon by plane or helicopter. There are hotels at the South Rim of the Canyon where you can spend a few days, but unless she enjoys hiking, a day trip will probably be enough.
Just come back from Vegas. We did the Grand Canyon trip with Papillon Helicoptors (Celebration Tour). Very professional and friendly. Picked us up at our airport bang on time, short drive in a nice mini van to Mcarran airport. Checked in and had to watch a 10 minute safety video. Then split into groups of 6 and taken by minivan to the helicoptors. Very friendly pilot, pointed out lots of interesting things on the way. My wife isn't the best of flyers but she had no problems at all. It took 45 mins to get to the canyon and we landed in the base. We stopped for 20 minutes and were given champagne or you could choose soft drinks. We did the 3:00pm trip, 45 minute trip back while the sun was setting and we got to the strip just as the lights had come on, very spectacular.

Here is a photo I took :

http://www.belle-vue-speedway.com/canyheli.jpg
rbecking, that is a fab photo!

JaimeC :wave
can everyone on the helicopter see everything. also are you seated due to your weight thinking of booking 3.30 celebration tour but nervous, i would have to sit by a window any advice would help
Can anyone recommend any good tour companies that go from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon?
Hi,

We are in Las Vegas just after Skywalk opens, has anyone managed to book tickets for this yet?

At present is anyone aware of any companies offering this as a trip?

I have contacted destination grand canyon direct, but we did not really want to hire a car and drive.

Kaz.
We saw this on the news last night and my hubby shouted "We'll have to do that when we go to Vegas!!"
Erm....I'm just not sure, I think I'm a bit scared of looking through the glass floor :shock:
Looking forward to hearing from someone who has done it.
Apparently it costs $25 to go on it on top of the $50 to enter the park if you go by road. I ain't paying anything to have the :swear scared out of me!

luci :wave
Hi all,

Has anyone hired a car and driven to the Grand Canyon, we are in Las Vegas shortly and would like to visit the Skywalk. How long does it take to drive there, and is it safe? Any help would be appreciated.

Kaz.
Arriving in Vegas in June and just wondered if it was best to book my helicopter trip to the canyon before i get there or just wait until i get there to do it, and would there be any price difference :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.