Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
head phones
17 Posts
Andy - I am sure you can as I think we bought ours on MYT and have used them on TC. They use the 2 prong type on TC.
Irene
thanx very much irene ye they are :D :D saves me about 9 pounds lool
The company that makes travel products sell an adapter. Hubby and I have one which came with the adapter that allows 2 people to listen to 1 portable music system. It includes a set of headphones. Can't remember price but it was under £10 so well worth it.
cheers cate al have a look for them
Moved to flights section for more input by members that frequent that forum.

Mark :D
We purchased an adaptor from Maplin for £2.50 to use your own 3.5mm headpones. Great price as gold plated and they should work with all airlines, although only used them with Astraeus, XL and Thomas Cook so far.

If you search maplin for headphone adaptor and then filter to <£5. Can also pick up at your local store.
I got the adaptor from Maplin, it's great, you can use it for your favourite headphones from home. I have some nice Sennheiser ones which I use with the adaptor, and the kids use their iPod headphones with the adaptor if they want to watch the movie instead of listening to their mp3s.

If you've already got headphones you've bought on a plane, you should be able to use them on all planes. We have had Thomas Cook ones and used them on Monarch, MyTravel and First Choice flights, and then last year when we weren't allowed any hand luggage due to a security alert, we bought some First Choice headphones and have since used them on a Thomson flight. They're all the same.
brill thanx al pop down to maplins and get one
Last year on a Thomas cook flight i just used normal headphones with no adapter, they just plugged straight into the hole. Going to try it this year too.
I used my normal head phones on a thomsons flight this year and it worked without an adapter :)
TOM's 762/3's have 3.5mm stereo sockets fitted. Most other aircraft types have 3.5mm twin-mono sockets which require the adapter.

Darren
ive got a two pronged adapter were fling long haul with first choice never flown with them before Does anyone know if this is the right adapter dont want to take them if i have to buy another pair on the flight because they wont fit
there is only one twin mono to sterio addaptor that i have seen and like twin mono earphones it will work in all aircraft withthis system [much favourd by boeing]
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.