Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
We have just returned from Sanguli Park, which is a "sister" camp of Cambrils. The area is great with lots to do for the kids and not to forget it is very close to Port Aventura, the theme park. My friend has stayed at both camps and he told that there was nothing to choose between them but if we wanted to stroll along the promenade into Salou them Sanguli would be better.

I think that as for being "tacky", Salou is no different to any other seaside resort, either in Spain or elsewhere. Of course you have your usually run of shops selling junk really ( but the kids love them!!!) and bars and restaurants but the general feel of the area is great. To use it as a base and then explore inland or explore other beaches, I feel it is a great choice. Sanguli is situated almost on the beach.

Sanguli Park can be found at http://www.sanguli.es and will give you an idea of what to look for.

We have also stayed in campsites in France with some good for us and some not so good. It really does depend on what you require as a family as nobody can choose for you. Some families like it quiet on camp but close to facilities and others like a busy camp where they rarely leave camp. Its all down to choice.

Hope this offers a start to helping you.
Thanx for that info danazcurt, is the weather usually good in Salou around late May? I've never been to Spain since I was 15 (many moons ago!!) I really do fancy the Cambrils Park site (we are planning on going with Siblu & unfortunately they don't do the Sanguli site) but hubby not too sure about Salou. Has anyone been with Siblu? Are their mobile homes decent? I also think Cambrils will be alot nearer to Barcelona airport for a fly drive hol rather than La Sirene in Argeles, France, anyone any idea of the driving distances to either site? Thanx again
Hi Twinkletoes,

You are getting organised in plenty of time arent you ! I'm notfamiliar with Salou, but we have been going to La Sirene approx 3 times a year for the last three years. We have two mobile homes available to rent on this site. That aside, we have been travelling in France for approx 9 years now & never settled until we went to Sirene. It's a great site with loads to do. The kids club is great & regularly organise activities with other sites in the area. The pool complex is also fab. The area itself is particularly beautiful & there's loads to do around it. You can be in Andorra in about 2.5 hours - great tax free shopping !, Spain in 20 mins. If you wanted to knowmore about the area just search argeles sur mer & the local website is very informative, I cant remember the exact address.We were there for Easter thisyear & the weather was fantastic, 23 - 28'C, &at the end of May it would be well settled, nice & hot.
Good luck in your search. :D
We've been to La Sirene twice. FANTASTIC and so clean. Your older kids will love it and so will you.

We went a couple of years ago and are thinking of returning soon.

They have great evening entertainment. The best I have ever seen for sites like this. Puts Butlins to shame :lol: :lol: :lol: Just nothing like seeing Lion King in the open air.

I really cannot express how much we enjoyed our stays there.

You HAVE to go and see for yourself. :wink:
La Sirene does sound fantastic, I know I have fancied it for years but it has always been the long journey putting us off, however now with the lost cost airlines we aren't tied to that long drive South, only prob now is that none of the low cost airlines fly from our local airport to Perpignan or Girona, so it would mean flying to Barcelona and this looks a long drive, can anyone tell me exactly how far it is from Barcelona airport to La Sirene? And what is the drive like? No point fly driving if we still have a long drive! Thanx
Hi again,

Barcelona is about 2.5 hours from La Sirene & it's a grand drive, all motorway. Basically you get on the motorway & then take the first exit in France, the campsite is about 15 - 20 mins from there. If it helps, Toulouse is about the same distance & all motorway aswell.

Try aa routefinder for better times & distances. :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.