Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Right, let me think about this, but please understand its friday night, my night off and I have already had a couple of glasses of Vino Tinto

Every year I have the UK cycling team who come over for training, so they are always looking for routes that don't go near the motorway. From the Mare Nostrum, run right along the front to Los Cristianos, at the end, near the market, take a left and go UP!!! God you must be mad.........
At the top take a right turn, this is the back road to guaza, keep going, straight over the roundabout, then onto Parque de la Reina, eventually you will come across a left turn, near the go karting, that will take you underneath the motorway, veer left then ooh, I;m stuck now...............I will contact one of the psycho health freaks then get back to you, cos incase you haven't gathered, I don't run!!!!!!!!!! :P
^^^^ thats not true iv'e seen her a few times in her shorts, sporting a headband and holding a bottle of vodka..... i mean er.. water !
I know... insane! :-)

Thanks for that... I wondered if it were possible to get to Guaza/Palm Mar without hitting the motorway, that sounds like a plan!

I've also looked up at the small hill/crater behind LC a few times, I think it's called Chayofita, as it has what looks like a road up it. Would make a good hill climb track to get the legs working :-) Does anyone know if it's possible to get up that, and where it starts???

I am running in the Berlin Marathon in September for WellChild, the childrens charity, so I need to get really fit before then. I can't let them down!

Thanks,
Gary
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.