Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Dont know if I am posting in right bit.

I want to take advantage of the cheap suncreams at the mo and wondering what factor to get for myself.
Last year in Tunisia I started off on factor 15 and went down to 8 but obviously it wasnt quite as hot. I tend not to burn brown eyes and all that so would I be safe with the same again

Thanks
We went in Feb this year-started factor 20-------ended up on factor 8!

Going Mon---and haven't got anything less than factor 30!!!!!! mainly 40 and 50!!!!
We are going in May so wont be as hot as it is now.

Just want to take plenty as last year the kids ran out and it was so expensive to buy in Tunisia
I went in December 2005 and started on factor 30,then 20 then 15 but got burnt so used 20 again for duration of the holiday.I am fairly dark skinned and always have a bit of a tan so be safe not sorry.You will still get a tan with a high factor sun cream.
we're off to egypt in just over 5 weeks time... im guessing that it should be 30 all the way for that time of year?

Im used to turkey and normally start on 25/30 and then go down to 8/15 as the holiday goes on. Although turkey can get really hot too im guessing the higher factor in egypt is safer :D
Has anyone used the once a day sun cream - which lasts up to 10 hours?
crikey just been reading back this discussion got abit heated.

I have bought factor 40 for the kids will this be ok????
I have only bought two bottles
Last year in Tunisa they came back the same colour they went on factor 40

I tend to use the sunbeds before I go and always seem to have a colour will I be ok starting off 25 then to 15.
Hi eirian,

i used the boots soltan one a day suntan lotion spf 30 and 15 when in luxor earlier this year. They only gave 6 hours protection. My skin is exceedingly fair and i did not burn once while using them, considering the temperatures were in the 40's i think that's pretty good going.

Also tried the Piz Buin once a day but hated the consistency of the cream, it worked just as well though.

suzie
Hi all
Just been reading this forum I have Vitaligo which is whitish patches all over my body when I go out in the sun with no protection my skin burns momentarily so when I go abroad I use a factor 50 sunblock which is so thick it's hard to spread over my skin, I still get burn't where my patches are, But where the normal skin is I am ok I need to try a all day cream but I want 1 that is a factor 50 and 1 that stays on when I get out of the pool because I am always going in and out does anyone know if there is 1 or not. By the way I do cover up a lot because that is the best and safest thing to do We are going on a nile cruise then Cairo for 2 nights then Luxor 5 nights with first choice in Oct 08 can't wait. :thanks
Each to their own I know, but I can't believe that people still use the sunbeds!! Is vanity more important than staying alive!!!!! Factor 20-25 should be fine for Egypt, that's what I took, and it was fine, got a lovely non-burnt safe tan!
Just come back form Sharm kids had factor 50 we had 30 we didnt burn and we have good tans :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.