General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
First holiday with 'other half' and first time I've flown with someone else in 5 years! Yes, downfall of singles holidays is that there's not always someone there to sort your back out with the lotion!

Oh gosh, my absolute must have to take with me is tweezers and small mirror. My eyebrows would be uncontrollable if I didn't have them with me!
My eyebrows would be uncontrollable if I didn't have them with me!

Detachable eyebrows? - now there's a thought !! :rofl
I have no idea just how bushy they would now be if I left them to their own devices. I think you may be right, they would walk (or crawl) of their own accord. :D
I agree with Dotchas - how else would you get the suntan lotion on your back although a friend of mine says that husbands/men are only good for three things -

Being a dance partner
Moving a piano
Giving you your children

So I suppose that is four things they are good for :lol:

My absolute essential would be my camera - I would die if I left it at home, not to mention rechargeable batteries!! Also good books and good after sun lotion. :D
What did everyone do before hair straighteners? They so often come up as the most essential grooming item?

I always had my hair shorter but have now been able to grow it slightly longer then wreck it with straightners :lol: I couldn't do without my straightners and I have to have my baby oil to stop my sandals from rubbing :D
Erm it would have to be magazines and books, i read them all day and also in the morning when i am waiting for my cream to soak in.

I love everything about a holiday, the preparing, packing, travelling, getting there, looking around, even coming home (although im useually miserable then)

8 Days to go xxxx
must have my camcorder and camera
Needle and thread and sellotape. Handy tip for all parents of toddlers and small children.....put sellotape over the electric sockets in case they decide to stick their little fingers in.
For a moment there I thought you were going to say put sellotape over their mouths when they start whingeing.... :lol: good idea about the plug sockets though :wink:
:rofl at cyber. that doesnt sound like bad idea regarding sellotape and kids must remember that good idea caz :lol:
Anthisan cream for mozzie bites etc.; Savlon and plasters; scissors; needle and cotton; safety pins; a laminated print-out of the currency converter from Oanda.
My make-up bag and moisturiser.

I just couldn't live without my lippy it would spoil my holiday :lol:
My Swiss army knife (although has to go in the case these days not in my pocket if flying) as you never know when you might have to open an emergency bottle of wine or beer!
Met to hi-de-hi, great minds think alike hey mate ?.
There is an easy way to open any bottle!
Just find a lampost which usually has a metal plate at the bottom, now put the edge of the lip on the metal edge and with a fist shape, bang the top of the bottle! Just pull down on the bottle with your other hand as you hit it!
Works evertime and on anything with a metal/concrete edge!
And there speaks the voice of experience :glynis
Sorry Chivas but that idea don't work on wine bottles with corks, def need Swiss Army Knife.

Patka
surely a mere copy of a swiss army knife would suffice! and only a pound too! ;)
I stand corrected though, you indeed cannot get a cork out of a bottle using a lampost! (unless you just smash it)

So please only use my tip for bottles with bottle caps (not the screw off ones either)

There, that should cover me, :)
My plug in mozzie repelents! Worth their weight in gold, and two books.

Sally
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.