General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I think the fact why holidays have risen in price so much is the cost of flights , about 4 to 5 years ago i was paying £130 for a flight to Lanzarote , the equivalent this year was £230 , while the cost of villa rental and car rental has probably gone up around 10%.
Also a few years ago the euro exchange rate was at least 1.4 , and with it now being around 1.1 we have to pay out more pounds to if we are staying in accomodation within the euro zone.
I can see why people are struggling with higher priced holidays especially when our basic cost of living has also increased which leaves us with less disposable income.
We have been looking at holidays in August and everything is just so expensive so we are thining of taking the girls out of school for a few days after the June half term. Holidays we have been pricing up at over £2,000 in August are coming up half that price in June :yikes

I have never taken my children from school as I don't really think it is right but with prices this year I may have no choice. It would be 2 to 4 days max so I hope they will be fine with that.
Kazza I really hope you find something soon it must be really stressful for you :( I hope you get to go to Spain this year. Can I ask why you have to go Jul/Aug is it just because it's the hottest time? Would you not consider going somewhere cheaper just to get away?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.