Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
that was a great report thank you ......i too remember our first sighting of the taj......."WOW",..............
regards.........j.d......
thanks for the report. Glad you liked namaste. Jaipur was definitely the best of the cities, so we thought. The view from the top fort was spectacular- I had no idea just how big Jaipur until we saw it from there.
Agra at sunrise- we were there from 6am- was not actually packed with people. We were able to move to several points, including right at the middle, to get photos. I'll bet sunset was just as stunning as sunrise :D
Holiday Street will be interesting to return to- when we were there most of it was closed! Which restaurants did you try?
Snakes-I hope I don't come across any :lol:
Your tour hotels have now been added to our India reviews and your Goa one is already there. It would be handy if you did brief reviews as I know a lot of others are using Namaste. :D
hi barry and lesley i enjoyed your report -the golden triangle tour is something i would really like to do.how did you book all this?did you book your own flights and accomodation for goa and book with namaste tours when you arrived or did you book the golden triangle tour from here?does namaste tours have a website?
thanks in advance for reply
We always book flights from here and a guest house or something in Goa before we go.
I booked the flights to Delhi and return on the web before we left UK. Spicejet were very good and no problems with tickets etc.
I booked Namaste before we went too and would advise anyone thinking of using them to do the same as they were getting booked up very quickly.
Their website is http://www.namasteindiantours.com
The hotel in Jaipur has a website http://www.meghniwas.com
it was really nice there.
As I said in my report Namaste may look cheap when you see their prices, but they are excellent value for money.

Fiona:- Yes the Taj was spectacular at sunset. We were glad we did it that way as the next morning was very misty, we couldn't even see the Taj from our hotel.
Jawahar was telling me about Holiday truth and trip advisor, even told me about someone who had a trip with them, who was a moderator. Fame at last Fiona.
As for holiday street, it hadn't changed much, but a lot of building work gone on in surrounding area near Arabian Retreat.
We always go to Maggies a few times as we have stayed there for the last 4 years. Apart from that we didn't really eat much round there, tended to go into Calangute or up onto the main road. As always the food was great.
:lol:
I don't know- moderator, film star..... what next?

Maggies- I really liked the look of it but could never find anything about them on the web. I think we are the first ones to have Maggies listed in reviews- still awaiting the first report though. They only appeared to be open just before we left so we'll nip in one evening when we go in March.
We've been going there since it was just a single storey restaurant with no rooms, some friends of ours remember it when it was a shack.
Over the years we've watched them build it up to what it is today.
Simon and Lucas are really nice people and have worked really hard to get where they are. We stayed their for 4 years on the run but couldn't get in this year. Never had a bad meal there.
If you go in March remember us to Simon, he knows us very well.
He should have his BBQ up and running by then as well.
Barry and Lesley.
That was excellent :)
Do you mind telling me how much the golden triangle tour including upgrades costs?
Hi Mardon.
we had 6 days and six nights with Namaste for £ 430 for the both of us.
that included all hotels, driver, car, fuel and taxes. Upgraded hotels and car.
Also some entrances into some of the tourist places and an evening out in Jaipur.
On top of that I had 2 flights from Goa to Delhi return for £ 200.

So £ 630 all in, half the price of tour operators in Goa.
Barry
thanks for all the reviews :D
Thats an amazing price for a trip you'll never forget.

One for next year I think.
  • Edited by mardon 2007-12-11 11:47:52
Mardon, I will be your GF - if you don't mind the zimmer :lol: :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.