Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Why do people do this at this particular resort?

We were there in June 2005 and poo was found in the slide pool. Then we were there in July 2007 and again the slide pool was closed while poo was removed. Since then, I keep reading about people pooing in the pools at the Holiday Village Turkey. I have never experienced this anywhere else!
Duncan

I have thought exactly the same thing !! I'm 43 years old and been travelling abroad since my teens 2 or 3 times a year and up until going to this place had never seen it before. Whilst I was there in 2005, it happened virtually every day!!!
We have been to HV Turkey three times now and love it. But I do think half the problems are due to the place being so big, parents are just letting the kids run riot while they relax and lie on a sunbed for a fortnight. Also its the cheapest holiday village so it attracts 'cheaper' people (dont take this wrongly this is the minority). A smaller hotel with less people and a bit more class is what this village needs, First Choice reps will tell you they cant fill the village especially with both sides so they offer a lot of 'cheap deals' I wouldnt mind paying more for my holiday to get this as it does spoil it for everyone else. Just think how these people must live. However, it does happen elsewhere, we went to HV Cyprus this year in July and you did feel it was different in that people dressed up of an evening to go out just average middle class hard working people wanting a nice holiday and I never saw gangs of teenagers hanging around like in Turkey.
However, a large wedding party did arrive whilst we were there and they were nothing short of disgusting. From food being left all over the sunbeds on the 'beach pool' to dirty nappies by the sunbeds just left for other people to pick up. There were about 5 men with the party who were just 'loud' and mouthy and drank from morning til night while the wives looked after the kids. They reserved about 15 sunbeds each day in 3 places so they could move from one to the other. I felt sorry for the kids, cant help who your parents are eh?
So, albeit a more classier hol village you still get em.
Hello, can anyone tell me if it gets chilly in the evenings at this time of year, I'm going on 29th Sept. Cheers
hi not sure about end of sept but our first visit to the village was 17th oct 2005 and it was chilly in the evening then and the pools were freezing! :yikes

changing the subject slightly to anyone worried about the bug i would suggest taking anti diarrhoea tablets and sachets of dioralyte which replace lost water and body salts, thats what i took and really did help, you can get them from asda, tesco or chemist. :)
hope you have a great time dolly72
Hayley, glad to hear you had a nice time, despite your tummy bug as I know you went first time around, same time I did. I had the same bug in 2005 and feel it is probably due to the sheer amount of people in one resort.

As for poos in the pool, I found it to be much worse at the HV CDS in 2007. But I might add I've also saw this happen in our local swimming pool. I blame parents not putting swimming nappies on babies/toddlers who really don't know any better!

In saying that, the one that "bumped into me" at the HV CDC would've killed a child if it came out of their bum! :really
We've just come back on tuesday morning 3rd visit and i would never go again too many Chavs that dont care about there kids let them poo in pools swear at them and smacking and shouting. Drinking all times of day leaving plates of food everywhere over sunbeds and by pools these people are disgusting.
my husband got bug my daughter got ear infection reps dont care
kids were getting water out of fountains and pouring all over floors and people were falling over injuring themselves and where were the parents no where to be seen they should not be allowed to have children if they cannot look after them. If my daughter behaved like half the kids that were there she would be chained to me and not allowed to do anything its horrendous.
brits complain about foreign travellers ie germans etc but brits give england a bad reputation.
Does anyone have the email address of the HV?

Cheers

Stix
Anyone getting any sense out of First Choice re the illness problems at the Holiday Village Turkey ? We rang tonight and were told that there was no problem it was all internet hype, only ten people had become ill and that was three weeks ago and none of them suffered salmonella :que seems totally different to all the reviews on lots of sites and solictors adverts ! We travel on Oct 25th and were told to ring back frequently to check the situation ....... a good money maker for First Choice as it's an 0845 number ! I'm really put off travelling to this hotel and have also read that there is now a query as to whether travel insurance would be valid as the outbreak of illness is a "known problem" :duh
hi liverpool lou, we were at the village at the end of aug when the "bug" was at its worst, myself, my husband and my eldest got the bug but not as bad as some, there were alot of people coming down with it but a lot hat didnt, first choice sent a letter to everyones room saying it was an airborn virus. not sure what the situation is like there now as not many people seem to be posting anymore. maybe you could look at some of the other review sites. We went at the end of october the first time we went so i would advise to take a light jacket for the evenings as it does get slightly chilly, also sorry but the pools will be very cold :omg
happy hols.
oh and it is only my opinion that it was a bug (dont want to upset anyone) ;)
Sitting here at the HV and there are NO problems whatsever regarding sickness, ear infections or anything. Having a great time and still have over a week left.

Have no worries - everything is good....

Stix
Have me a cold efes ready for tomorrow evening then please!!!

:tongue
Cheers
Dan, Janine + the kids!
Thanks for that Stix, am feeling more reassured now. Latest reviews on other sites are better too lately.
The only problem I can see you having - is trying to decide which pool to sit at....... :rofl

Seriously, we are having a fab time - kids loving it too. No problems as I said in previous post, whatsoever. You will have a great time....

Stix
Enquired about this hotel for 2009 as errata message on internet.Told not sure of room allocations for 2009, possibility could be splitting the hotel again!!!!!!!!This is what this village needs it is far too big!

Anyone else heard this?
Hi, thinking of booking this hotel for Summer 2009 but would like to know a few things please:-

Apart from the Wavelength Club, wot other facilities are there for teenagers here (15/16 years) - is there a disco for them?

Also with regards to the beach, I understand it is a little deserted, but is there any watersports outside the hotel?

Thanks.

Sue
Hi Ive just got back.
I don't think your boys will like the wave length club, my son is 10 and felt it was too young for him!
There is an arcade on both sides with pool tables, games, machines etc but you have to pay for everything.
In the evenings the entertainment is in the ampitheatre which starts for younger children really then at 9pm it's more of a family show. It's the entertainment team every night doing things like Las Vegas night and Queen night. If you've ever been to a Haven caravan park it's just the same. I have to admit we were fed up with it by our 2nd night! Some nights our children were both in clubs 9pm till 11pm but there was no where aldultish to go.
Every day there are lots of activities they will enjoy like archery, water polo, rounders, water walking, volleyball, gladiators, quiz etc.
There is parasailing on the beach £35 for 1 or £45 for 2. There is a banana and doughnuts. I think you can hire a boat there too to go over to the islands for better snorkelling.
Hope that helps, feel free to ask me anything else.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.