Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
just been reading up and a bit concerned about the all inclusive drinks are their still shorts available ie gin
and vodka as thats all i drink! :cheers we were there 3 years ago and they had them then. cant wait to return to see if the place has changed we were in the pegasus last time so dont mind if were in the tropical this time round.kids wont to know if the icecream is still lovely and what times is it between? :tongue 18 more sleeps to go.
Hi

Yes you can still get shorts ie; vodka, gin, rum, peach snaps, whiskey. Think the icecream was 1.30pm till 3pm. :cheers

Jo
HI everyone, I am going to HV on 8th Sept with my husband and our 6 mth old son...we are staying in a jacuzzi suite and have requested blue side...does anyone have any advice about taking a small baby to HV? Will I be able to get boiled water for him or should I take a travel kettle? To be honest, I am a bit woried about mozzies, food poisoning and heat at the moment! :yikes

Thanks for any replies

Joanne
jmlblake.
hi we go sept 8th from manchester we have also req the blue side and we have a jacuzzi to. this is our 3rd time to the hol village and weve never had any isues with food poisioning etc . regadrs taking little 1 youll have no problems when we went first time someone took a 10day old and they had no probs. :) there is 3 in our party well 4 if u count the 22week old bump me my wife and our 5yr old daughter. if you need anymore inf please dont hesertate to get intouch :) :cheers
If we remember right there should be a kettle in the room

They sell mosquito spray at the hotel which we found works well its called sin kov
Hi not long back from HV , we stayed in a jacuzzi suite on the blue side...sorry but no kettle in the rooms...i suggest you take your own kettle....hope you all have a great time...we did :cheers
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Joanne
Hello, can anyone tell me if there are hairdyers in the rooms? We've booked a standard room.
Cheers
Hi...yes there are hairdryers in the bathrooms......hose type thing...not very powerful though :)
hi everyone I fly out on monday with mum from luton but we're both getting really worried about all the discussions lately about illness - how bad is it really?
i was out there two weeks ago heard some people had come down with sickness etc and ear infections however our family were not infected and spoke to lots of people and no one i knew were. I used swim ear on the kids which can be bought on the plane if that helps suppose to clean out ears of water after swimming .
I've posted previously however to let you know.

When we went, I suffered terrible stomach pains after a few days, the doctor immediately put me on a drip in the onsite health centre and I stayed there for about 6 hours, the other rooms were also full with people with the same problem. I had to give a sample and apparently it came back clear (cop out imo) and the doc said it was just a holiday bug! Cant fault there treatment though it was first class and I think they didnt want to cause problems for FC by admitting there was a hygiene problem.

My son had suffered on holiday for years with ear problems after going in the pool however our GP at home just said he had a problem with stubborn ear wax and gave him drops, he wouldn't agree to them being syringed. At the Pegasus, he came down with the same problem and the same DR who had treated me, looked in the ear and said the wax needed removing and should have been done ages ago. She put some drops in and asked us to return the day after. When we did, she asked my son to lie still, put some forceps in the ear and quick as a flash, removed the plug that had built up.

Like I said, the treatment was first class, however with so many holidaymakers on one site you are bound to encouter health problems. Just go and enjoy it and try not to worry too much.
Hi all can anyone tell me what the beach is like at the holiday village please it has no pictures and no info in the brocher many thanks
Hi was just wondering if anyone has used the ten pin bowling? And also do they provide towels around the pool? Thanks

Gavin
20 days till our trip to hv turkey
Unless it's changed this year, you are given 1 towel card per person which you take to the towel exchnage by the pool to get your pool towel. Just take the towel back at the end of the day to get you card back.
Hi, have you checked out the Holiday Village thread in this forum or looked at the photos in the Pagassos Palace Photo Gallery?

There are several photos of the beach if you follow the above link to the HT Photo Galleries.
Hi

The ten pin bowling alley was just like you would get at home. There was only 4 lanes was approx £4 per person.

You get 1 towel card per person, but we ended up with 8 ?? Don't think the toel boy was very good with his maths :rofl

Jo
Thanks I'm a bit worried about going now with the all the sickness and stuff hope its sort out by the time we get there on the 29th
Gavin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.