Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
we stayed at port aventura hotel twice last time was at halloween 2004 we visited the caribe resort to look around and to go to the evening kareoke it is a lovely place you do not need to walk around as if you ask the porters they take you from this hotel to the others on their own road system in buggys and they took us from our hotel out to caribe hotel then later caribe porters took us over to el paso and then we made a call later for our porter to be sent to pick us up and bring us back to our own hotel no problem also they will run you to the theme park gates their is also a free bus running to and fro all day till 5 ish to town and back you could try the jeep safari we went twice my 11 yr old loved it and buses are cheap on the resort of port aventura they also have their own train station fares are cheap and you can go to loads of places including barcelona the reps also lay on excursions you can get to tarragona by bus good shopping and you could go to cambrils a few mins on bus with a nice harbour and tourist type shops
Quick question for AlanG"¦

When you book one of the 3 Port Aventura hotels through a hotel web site, am I right in saying that daily park entrance is not included for the duration of the stay ?

Or does it automatically come included as you're in an "on-site" hotel ?
I think I've answered my own question here.
Reading some hotel reviews, it appears that you do get daily free entry to the park.
Simply show your room key at the entrance and you're in.
Makes the DIY Ryanair/Book direct combination fantastic value.
Can anyone tell me how far the nearest supermarket is to this hotel. Thankyou.
Someone reading this must know the answer. I will be very grateful for any replies.
Not sure if my reply will be that helpful but we visited Salou in October 2003. We walked past the Caribe Resort (which was just finishing being built) every day on our way up to the theme park. I would say you would find a small supermarket within a 5/10 min walk. Bearing in mind their "supermarkets" are little shops (not like our own Asdas etc) but we found there are quite a few dotted all around (they may even have opened one up near the Caribe by now??). There is a larger one located just beside a playpark (where they have the donkey ride carousel) - sorry can't remember the name of the shop or the park!! Not much help but hopefully will remember where everything is when I return with my family in June, staying at the El Paso. Let me know what the Caribe is like as that's the one I have my eye on for next year. :D
We are going to the Caribe Resort this summer and was just wondering if they provide pool towels.

Thanks
Kaz
Hi Kaz

We stayed in Port Aventura a couple of years ago and they provided pool towels so I would guess, as part of the same group, the Caribe will also provide them.

Carol :wink:
Hi Kaz :wave

Try this link, it may give you more information, or you could e-mail the hotel with your question.
http://www.universalmediterranea.com

Carol :wink:
Noticed on some reviews that accomodation blocks on one side of the hotel are quite close to the railway line.

I was thinking of mailing the hotel with a room request and wondered if anyone who's been, knows which are the best blocks to ask for (ie. furthest from the railway) ?

Thanks.
The blocks called Long Island and St Kitts are the opposite end to the railway line.They are opposite the Salauris Palace Hotel where we stayed and i never heard a train while i was staying there.Got same snaps of this part of the caribe resort i can mail to you if required.PM me your e-mail and i,ll send them to you
When in September are you going? We have just got notification from the holiday company of a conference going on in the hotel late in September. As a result they have given us a free upgrade to hotel portaventura + VIPs status :D :D :D
Hi there Alan,

We;ve stayed at the Port Aventura, El Paso and Salauris Palace hotels, and to be honest the only real difference is the 'Free' Entry to the Park with the first 2 !

The food was much better in the Salauris Palace.

While there last year we called into the 'Caribe' Hotel and would have been interested in booking it for this year except when we saw the prices...it was consistently dearer than the 'Port Aventura' hotel..yet you have a fair extra walk to the park from it.

In relation to Car Hire...we always do and have done so for the past 3 years...it takes about 15 to 20 min to get into Salou..but I would add that you would want yiour wits about you..... I'd suggest that when you get there.. familiarise yourself with the area, and possibly hire a car for 2 to 3 days...even if its just to drive down to the beach and back...for the small cost..you'd get pretty good experience.

ALSO...for shopping locally...your best bet is the Shjopping Centre in Tarragonna..called 'Park Central' ...it has loads of well known shops incl. Jack And Jones, H & M, and loads of shoe shops and a huge 'Eroski' (like ASDA) in the basement...and a cinema.....we've often gone there twice on the same day

and other than all the usuals...do try and get the 'Catamarran' Boat Trip from Cambrills...well worth it !!!

Enjoy the hols..no matter what ye do
:D Hi we have booked into this hotel for June 2006 we are a family of 4 - kids being 8/5.
Was wondering if anyone has stayed recently in this hotel and which block you stayed in - was it ok ? and which would you recommend to try to stay in if given a choice ie near the beach bit or near kids club ?
I have read the various posts and am also a bit concerned about the food as we are going on half board !!!
Did you have trouble with the mozzies as the place is full of water areas.?
Any other infomation tips would also be very usefull.
Awaiting your replies with anticipation - thanks !!! :lol:
Hi

Welcome to HT :wave

We have recent reviews HERE

Pippy :D
hi :) i dont think this is much help,but we came back from port aventura 2 days ago and we spoke to a woman who was staying at the hotal caribe with her husband and daughter,she really liked it because it was low rise and no complaints about the food. we walked passed it and it looks nice, also a special mini train runs to and from the theme park at regular intervals mo
Hi,

I have a 3 and 6 yr old and am staying at the Caribe Resort Hotel at Port Aventura next July 2006..

Can anyone please give some info on the kids clubs at the hotel.. is it free if you are staying at the hotel and what is the minimum age for a child some sites say 3-12yrs and others say 4-11yrs.

Thxs
Ian :)
Hi there, We're a family of four (children aged 7 & 3) and going for the very first time in August 2006. I was just wondering if anyone who has previuosly been has any tips and info they could pass on to me really? What are the temperetures like at this time of year? What would be the best time to do the parks? What are the prices like? Any day trips recommended? In fact any info at all would be hugely appreciated :) Does anyone kow of any sites where I could see more photographs of the place too (can you tell I'm already very excited!) :wink:

Thanks,
Mummykaren.xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.