Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Thanks, David-what am I like eh?! Can't see things for looking :wink:

Karen.xx
We stayed at the Caribe last August and had a very good time. Only real gripes were..

1. Some of the room blocks are very near the railway line and that can be quite noisy. However, the blocks at the other end of the resort are quite near the road, so I'd imagine it's quite difficult to escape some form of noise or other.
2. The outdoor dining area was very nice, but the staff seemed very slow to make up tables and we often ended up laying our own.
3. The hotels is rather less elegant than other 4 star's that we've stayed at, for example you are not shown to a table at dinner but have to find one yourself.
4. The sofa bed is a double, which our two boys (aged 5 & 7) hated. They usually get two singles elsewhere.

However food was good, staff are friendly and helpful, the deck area is lovely and the pools are great. The one with the completely sandy bottom is unique.

The hotel is the furthest from the park but they have a fairly regular road train, plus a bus service into central Salou.

Having said all that, we stayed at the Port Aventura back in 2002 and despite it's teething problems at the time (it had just opened) we preferred it. In particular the turnstile that takes you directly into the park is a real plus.
Hi all,

Any help would be appreciated....

Ive finally decided that Port Aventura is where i would like to go for my 21st Birthday in May this year.
After looking through brochures and websites id decided on the Caribe Hotel Resort. I thought it would suit us best as it looked more relaxing and more couple friendly.

However after reading many reviews it seems this hotel has come off the worst with quite a few bad reviews. It is the El Paso hotel which has the better reviews of the 3 hotels.

Should i change my mind and book the El paso instead? What are your experiences and opinions?

Also.. we are going Self Catering and will mainly venture into neighbouring resorts for evening meals etc so the food isnt really a major issue for us.

Thanks everyone! :D
Stayed in the El Paso last summer and thought it was great I'm sure you would be happy there and its a bit closer to the theme park than the Caribe. The pool was lovely. It is very family orientated but I think all three hotels are. If you pick a time outside of school holidays it shouldn't be too crowded.

Only thing is I don't know if they do self catering. It seemed to me that everybody was on half board or at the least bed and breakfast. Perhaps someone else on here will know if you can go self catering.
Im booking direct with the hotel and booking flights independently. It works out cheaper this way for a weeks stay £245pp on a SC board basis. Through their offical website this was all that was available (HB was at a supplement per person per night).
Sounds like a bargain Kate (provided that you can get cheapish flights) and it was a nice hotel. :D
Hi,

I'm travelling to salou this weekend with my family, we are booked into the Caribe Resort hotel. I have been reading through some reviews and noticed in one that it says the tickets you get for park entry are 'express tickets' which enables you to cut down on queuing, am just wondering if anyone can confirm this as i havent heard it anywhere else and the review is a couple of years old so things may have changed??? Thanks in adavnce for any help

Karen.xx
A special request for all those staying at the Caribe reosrt in 2006.

Please please take the few mins to post a hotel review.

We're looking at going to the Caribe next June (2007), we've been before for a few nights last year - without the kids - and want to go back in 2007. As we're got 3 kids, I've 'press ganged' my mum into coming, so the total holiday is going to be £3,000 +.

Would really appreciate some up-to-date feedback as the hotel seems a little expensive this year.
Going to costa caribe hotel on 22nd of october, can anyone tell me what the best block is to stay in,not wanting to walk too far to reception, what is the nearest blocks to reception, think we would prefer to stay at the road side opposed to the railway side.Also do you show your room card at breakfast and evening meal or do you just give them your room number? or do you get a separate card for this?
cant answer most of your questions,but when we stayed at el paso last year,they were very keen on you showing your ticket at mealtimes,once i forgot it,and was told to bring it next time.we have booked for el paso oct2007 and if you go go to the beach club would appreciate some info cheers mo :)
Just booked the Caribe for Sept 07 please can anyone tell me if they still provide pool towels and which would be the best block to request for someone with walking difficulties, I'm wanting to be near the buffet restaurant or I won't make breakfast because I'm very stiff in the morning. :oops:

Thanks
Lynn
don't want to put a dampener on you guys but we stayed at the caribe last year for halloween please please please for your own sanity insist on a top floor room. The walls are paper thin and you will hear every little bit of noise of those above you otherwise - as well as next door to you. Trust me - if you like your afternoon siesta this does not go hand in hand with the cleaners scraping furniture around all day long........ Also the food is not great - its ok but don't have too high expectations. We went to salou the previous year and stayed in the Salou Park - this was much nicer - right on the beach - food the best I have ever had on any holiday! all this for half the cost. The caribe resort looks beautiful and the park is fantastic - customer service is not great and not too friendly. Also ladies beware of wearing heels as there is decking everywhere - I wasn't impressed when I lost my heel of my very expensive karen Millens!!!! When we go again we definitely won't be paying over the odds to stay in a non soundproofed prefab room!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.