Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hotel Rio Park
182 Posts
My friend is just back from Beni (Flamingo Benidorm). I text her while she was there telling her I'd booked Rio Park and if she was out and about to have a look at it for me, which she did. Said it looked lovely etc. She did warn, that the land right next door was in the process of being flattened and that there was a bill board showing that hotel was to be built there.

Do you think I can expect a lot of building work to be going on July '07? Doubt travel agent would even know it's at such an early stage.
The block of land on the other side of C. Kennedy has been cleared for a while so that must be where she means. If they are starting now I doubt that they will have finished by next July but they might easily have reached a stage where the noisy and dusty stuff is all done. Some of these buildings seem to take years to go up, I think they raise the cash as they go along!!
If you went in August instead of July then the builders would all be on holiday :)
Oh dear :roll: wait and see nearer the time. Thanks Colin.
The area you are thinking of is going to be a couple of apartment blocks. They have only just opened the sales office and I wouldn't be surprised if work still hasn't started when you are there next year. No doubt someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

I will keep an eye on the area and report back.
Thanks Pebbles, I'd appreciate that.
:D Hi! Does anyone know if it's cheaper to book, direct with the hotel?. Found some cheap flights for next July, but all the accommodation is coming out at around £900 for 3 adults, (Well 2 adults and 1 child- 13 - but he's classed as an "adult"). Has anyone booked via the hotel before?, (Not bothered if foods inc or not - as its so cheap to eat out!). If anyone has, and it's worked out cheaper, could they pass the email address on. Many thanks, BBB.
Hi Bellyballyboo, quite often it is cheaper to book via an agent than with the hotel themselves. I have recently booked for my in-laws for xmas at the La era Park apartments and to book direct it was going to be 50 euros a day. I booked with sun 4 u direct and got it for £125.00 for the week.
http://www.wintersunshineholidays.com seem to be cheaper than booking direct too.
When I stayed at the Flamingo Oasis in March, it was cheaper booking through them than the hotel.
I think that you need to price up both ways and then decide. As long as you use an established reputable company then you'll be fine booking through an agent.

Good Luck

Sue
:)
:D Cheers for that sue. Will take a look now. As we're on an extremely tight budget for next year, I'm trying to get the best poss deal! After coming back from hols last week, we agreed we couldn't afford a hol next year (Well actually, - it was other half who agreed! -). :cry: The thought of not having another holiday next year :cry: . So trying to do my best to find a great deal - and maybe change his mind. (It doesn't help - the fact my son turns 13 beginning of year - and it classed as an adult - this is "Bumping" the price up!" -even though he eats like a mousse!). Anyway, cheers for those links, will take a look now. ,BBB.
Hi BBB.
Just a thought if your'e not fussed about food why not try SC, then you will only pay for what your Son eats. An Apartment will be a lot cheaper than an Hotel, and if you book direct you don't pay any under occupancy supplements.

Lizzie.
:D Hi Lizzie, thanks for that , think thats what we'll do, as the apartments are working out much cheaper. The only reason I decided upon rio park, was some friends of ours have booked to go here, but we can still meet up, if we book an apartment.

Also another reason was, I remember last year, another member informed us of a special offer which was available, at the rio (Cant remember full details, or for which month), but it was only £2 per person per night and I just wondered if this offer would be repeated next year!

Thanks again, - and yes I will stick to self catering, I think! BBB
Hi again Bellyballyboo, when are you going and how long for :?: I know that you said July but if you state the dates then I'll have a look around for you and p.m. you with some prices.

Sue :)
:D Thanks sue - I have sent you a pm. BBB
bellyballyboo wrote:
Hi! Does anyone know if it's cheaper to book, direct with the hotel?.

Sorry, I am a bit confused as the previous few posts do not seem to be in reference to the Hotel Rio Park :hmmm Have we gone a little :offtop

Anyway, Bellyballyboo....are you asking if it is possible to book direct with The Hotel Rio Park? If you are, I do not believe you can. In as far as I am aware, the Hotel Rio Park forms part of the MedPlaya Hotel Chain and is exclusively for Thomsons guests, and therefore has to be booked via Thomsons Holiday Shop, or via the Thomsons website.

At least this was the case a few years back. It has been a while since I was a guest at the Rio Park, so things may have changed. But if this helps
THIS is the Medplaya Website and you can email the Hotel Rio Park at:- riopark@medplaya.com
So sorry BHIC.

I consider my self reprimanded :oops: I am expecting a Mod to come along and smack my legs. :wink:

But just for the record I didn't actually know BBB was referring to a particular Hotel has I came on to the topic from the main Discussion Forums, as in last post.

I would have sent BBB a pm if I had known I could only discuss Rio Park, or perhaps better still kept my opinions to myself!

Lizzie.
I think the closest apartments to Rio Park are the Alhambra block, I've not stayed there. They seem not to have proper balconies from what I've seen staying at Gemelos 4 which is next door. If you could book a one bedroom apartment at Gemelos 4 you'd also be in a tower right next to Rio Park. Unfortunately, the agencies only seem to book Gemelos 2 and 4 together so you don't know which you get until arrival. If you ended in Gemelos 2, you'd be about a 200 metre walk down the yellow brick road further away.
The usual agencies, beninter and gestaltur, handle them.
If you stayed in any of these apartments you could still eat with your friends in the hotel because the Rio Park do buffet meals for non-residents.
:D Thanks for all replies, it has been very much apprecaited!

It's me that has gone completely off topic, (and I'm sorry for that ), have sent some pm's out, and won't ask anymore questions now,( unless it's to do directly with the hotel!).

Thanks again, everyone. Regards, BBB.
Problems have been reported in this area due to construction works ... please click here for more.

David :wave
Don't know if anyone has seen this but if you buy a Euromillions Lottery Ticket online they are offering 2 for 1 holidays with Thomson for selected dates and hotels.

The one that stands out for me is to Rio Park on 14/11/06 from Birmingham which is £298 for two people full board :D

Unfortunately have no holidays left this year so unable to check availability and have no idea if they try to add extras on but might be useful to someone :!:
does anyone know if the rio park has changed from being a thomson only hotel because alpha rooms has it on offer for a good price and im worried about booking it in case we get there and we have no booking.

:thanks

caz :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.