Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hotel Rio Park
182 Posts
In answer to a question of what aparts are near Rio Park
Moby Dick aparts are accross the road on the waste land side.
thanx joolz

have you used the hotel before this is our 4th time its a great hotel.

walking distance to everything which is great for me because i hate walking

caz :D
No Caz, I haven't, but I've heard only good reports!
Went to have alook at this hotel and it looked nice, also the Rialto and Regente, thought you could only book with thomson but all had big signs on them advertising 24 euros a night which is 16 pounds for full board so was a bit confused, so think you can book them indepentantly
Rosie
You can book that offer through the MedPlaya hotel group website
http://www.medplaya.com/ofertas.php?idm=2&ct=&cst=&cpaq=71&cc=4
Thanks Colin thats handy to know

Rosie
There is a group of us 5 lads going there in June 07, just wondered if anybody knew whether the hotel is full at that time of year? Whats the weather like? And will there be lots of groups in Benidorm at that time of year?

Thanks
I'm glad I'm going in May.
Just had a letter from Thomsons advising of the building works at the rear of hotel.

We were there in Oct and went to 'suss' it out and it didn't look too bad at that point. Do you know if the building regulations will mean no work during summer?

Has anyone been recently that can comment on the extent of the building works?

Has anyone got the e.mail address of hotel please?
Hotel Rio Park
Murcia 16
03500 Benidorm
Alicante
Spain

Tel: +34 965 855 612 (or) +34 965 852 273

Fax: +34 965 855 201

E-m@il: riopark@medplaya.com

Click HERE
Thanks so much for prompt reply BHIC. I will e.mail them and express my concerns.

Does anyone know what direction is best for views?
Hi joolz,

I also received this letter as I'm stopping here in May, my parents checked it out for me (the building work) at new year and said I shouldn't have a problem with it at all as it's at the back of the hotel.

I have no worries about this building work what so ever, Thomson are only sending these letters out warning people of the building work to cover their own backside because as I'm sure you know, some people are just born to moan and complain.
Hi scarborosmoggy ... a significant number of the bedrooms are also at the back of the hotel, facing these building works. Rather than write these letters off as Thomson trying to cover themselves, it may be more appropriate to make further enquiries with them to ascertain at what stage construction will be during your holiday dates, and also what possible levels of noise, dirt, disruption, etc should be anticipated. The situation at New Year may not be comparable with the expected situation in May, and bearing in mind the concerns which TUI had about these works last year, it may be worthwhile asking further questions to try and ensure that your holiday will not be unduly affected.

David :wave
When I booked in August I made a special request for a pool facing view and I expect them to adhere to my wish as I booked well in advance, I'm an up with the lark type of person anyway so I would be up and about before any building work started as I hate to lounge around in bed.

I've just phoned the Rio park to confirm my pool view room and they told me to ring back about 3wks before my departure day, I'm going to get my other half to ring Thomson when she gets home from work as she's the lead passenger.
:D Hi! When emailing a hotel, with a request (Usually pool view, low floor), I always email them, between 5-7 days before I arrive there, as I was told they do not get your confirmation/details until a week before you arrive. (Through TA - not sure about booking independantly).

Regards, BBB.
bellyballyboo, I made the request with Thomson about wanting a pool view and it says on my booking confirmation they sent me under special requests *pool view, do you think it will automatically be done that I get a pool view or is it best to contact the hotel nearer the time to make sure?
:D Hi Scarborosmoggy.

Definately contact the hotel 5-7 days via email with your requests. I have many times requested a pool view/ low floor through the TA, and never got one, as it's classed as a request that cannot be guaranteed. (To be honest, and this is my opinion only - but I honestly dont even think these requests get read) - that is why it is so much better to email the hotel direct, I usually send a friendly email, saying how much we are looking forward to staying at their hotel,etc.. etc..., and I can honestly say in all the years I have emailed various hotels, I have always got what I have asked for.

Regards, BBB
Thanks for that, I will do.
I usually send a friendly email, saying how much we are looking forward to staying at their hotel,etc.. etc..., and I can honestly say in all the years I have emailed various hotels, I have always got what I have asked for.

I have found that a promise of a box of chocs for the reception staff always works wonders :wink: So far, no hotel has failed to give me the requests that I've asked for since I thought of that one.

Sue :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.