General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Welwynrose,

It's way too early to be booking anything for 2010. Most companies think 2 years ahead at the very most. You might be able to get the ball rolling this time next year, but even 18 months in advance is pushing it. You'll probably have to wait until about 12 months prior to your intended travel date. Why the rush anyway?

Darren
because I'm rubbish at saving for things & thought if I could plan something & know how much it was going to cost I book it & then start paying it off
Welwynrose,

That's an excellent idea in theory, its just most airlines don't release flight schedules until 12 months or so before the date of travel so its difficult to book things that far in advance. You can still do all the planning, its just you won't be able to book things this far in advance.

Darren
Yes- why not start planning now? Are you doing one place only or hoping to do a twin?
you can booked most 14 months in advance but most airlines prices come out 11 months in advance. your best to start looking in janaury 2008 that will be when you can start sorting something.
I booked our dream 3 week trip to China (we went in Sept last year) 12 months before we went. The year prior to that I did plenty of research as to what we wanted to see, decided on an agency (China Holidays in London) and contacted them regarding them tailor making a holiday for us. Obviously they couldn't quote exactly as the flights weren't out but they were able to give me a ballpark figure so I knew an approximate figure to aim for.
If you fancy China I would recommend China Holidays - Rowan who we dealt with was great, he organised a guide and driver in every city except Hong Kong, worked with us for our hotels/flights and sorted our visas.
The OH's in two minds wether he wants to do the Far East or South America but I'm looking at going for 3 weeks so should be able to do 2/3 places (fingers crossed) - I might just set up something simple like a post office savings account & pay any spare cash I have in there from now on & it would be nice if the holiday was on a first class scale & I know that is going to be expensive
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.