Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
a better idea would be for no one ever to holiday in Egypt. they dont deserve a tourist trade.
Its just a shame that these guys give Egypt a bad name, as do the baggage guys, you have to fight to keep control of your own case! Its a shame that the tourist police dont get more involved here. It was like our cleaner a couple of years ago, we gave him £10 tip, which is over a weeks wage to him and he complained no end- who would give anyone here a weeks wage as a tip!

However, it will NOT stop me returning to Egypt, El Gouna anyway, best holiday desintation in the world!!!!
Have just booked the Marriott, Hurghada for March 2009. Coach transfer is included but we are considering taxi transfer if we get visa and baggage promptly. Please could you give a rough price for taxi from the airport (2 people). Many thanks, Caro
i am warning anyone who plans to go to egypt-dont use taxisegypt.com
we paid upfront for a private return transfer fom Taba to hotel and they put us in a shared minibus with a madman driving and on the return journey refused to take us unless we paid £50 extra(at the collection time!)
They have told me they will refund but im still waiting over a month on and have reported them to my bank. Be warned!!!
We got a minibus through a local company-reception booked for us-lovely perfect service £30
Hi,

We had the old "you've given me the wrong money" scam from the taxi driver. Luckily i had been reading things on this site and was fully aware and told him in no uncertain terms that the money we gave him was right and he wasn't getting anymore. My son actually saw him change the note!!!! My advice would be to count the money out into his hand so there is no chance he can change it. We caught lots of taxis and this was the only incident. So fore warned is fore armed i say :tup

Elaine
Lloydstsb have refunded the full amount we paid and we paid visa debit so i didnt think we would be covered :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.