Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
the new mayor upset the market because he wont give the traders the places they want so they was arguing with each other ther was a demostration and fight and the mayor closed the market he may not open it at all this summer. :really
this was from someone from icmeler
whoops was posting about the wrong market. :oops:
we were there the week before and the inspector was going to each stall and found that alot of the stall holders were kurdish and were taking business from the local stall holders. last wednesday there was just the fruit and veg open and the kurdish people were trading outside of the market from the back of the vans until the police moved them off. We were talking to the locals and they say these people are coming into town and taking all of their business off them
Well its the same traders I have seen for the last six years, Im told this is the new Icmeler Mayor thats stopping the Market traders, As he thinks the same as what Suemackey is saying above, Im also told that the normal 12 midnight music closure has now been put forward to 1 am or is in the process of being done.
Personally I think this is bad news for Icmeler as many many visitors come into it for that market, And im pretty sure if they had a look around Icmeler they would at least go back for a visit again or Holiday.
At the end of the day their will always be the jealousy between the Kurdish and the Turkish people.
Anyone know if the market was open today???????
market is back on and running as normal so nobody needs worry they can still get there bargains

:cheers
sarah
  • Edited by tokmak 2009-06-05 19:41:20
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.