General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Is Egypt out completely then Graham or would they consider sharm or Maybe El gouna would make a change . Only other short haul destinations that I can think of that would be warm-hot in january would be the Canaries, Morroco , Cape Verde or maybe Tunisa :think

Not sure if Northern cyprus would be warm enough in January :think
How about La Palma, one of the smaller Canary Islands?
Haven't been personally but have heard that the Antalya area of Turkey is nice at that time of the year with many all-inclusive hotels to choose from and flights from Scotland too!
Thanks for all your help and suggestions :bow

lynwestie - I like Egypt at that time of year, Mrs Kiltie and I having been going for a few years now :think but I don't think there would be enough historical opportunities in Sharm or El Gouna for the 2 ladies.

little legs, Mrs Kiltie and I also love Malta and have been about 10 times however the weather can occasionally be very poor (it can be nice) in January so don't want to recommend Malta to them incase the weather is rotten.

Corinne76, will look in to that, must admit I have never even heard of it :oops: have you been? what would there be to keep us amused in the way of historical interest?

kimi, thanks for that idea, I notice that Thomas Cook have some nice 5* hotels there that are not overly expensive, again the weather issue might be a problem though, but I will look it to this.

:sulk It must be hard being travel agent trying to find that perfect holiday for clients.

Thanks again for all your ideas so far.
Graham
:wave:

Had an update from the 2 ladies and they are looking at a budget of around £500 per person for the week :tup

So at least I know what the price range is, just not the location :think

Graham
Hi Graham
how about Jordan? We were there for a day while visiting Egypt and I want to go back. Loads of historical places to see, luxurious accommodation - look at Aquaba - and great weather.
Hi Graham

We went to La Palma over New Year 2008 - you can see my review near the end of this topic: http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=108976&start=0

Any other questions, just ask!
Hi again

bridd, I googled Jordan :tongue then I realised it was the wrong Jordan I was looking at :rofl
Jordan (the country) looks amazing and well worth a visit, unfortunately I don't think it fits in to our budget or the ladies expectations (AI) for the winter break. I would certainly consider it for a holiday later in the year.

Corinne I have just read you report and would like to add my congratulations to you both :cheers

At the moment the front runner appears to be Tunisia as we can fly from Glasgow and the 2 ladies from Gatwick and we land within 10 minutes of each other, but it is still open with no decision made.

Thank again everybody
Graham
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.