Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thats good news Bonksy,pleased it worked out for you,are you able to get your Kingfisher conection
to Goa :sun2
annx
We just had to alter the flight from Mumbai to Goa to the next later time. Can't wait to get there.

BONKSY :glynis
Anyone flown with Gulf Air to Mumbai? Prices are looking good :D Adds about 2 hours on the flight but £120 less than a direct flight.
Hi all

Off to Goa on the Thomas Cook flight from Manchester in Jan. What are the flights like? are they good? Do they stop for refuelling?

We have been really tight and are not paying for meals, seat allocations, transfers, extra luggage etc etc!

Thanks
jtownson,

Please refer to our Flights Forum where we have a dedicated thread to Thomas Cook Airlines with lots of useful information and passenger opinion. We also have a What Aircraft? guide for general aircraft information. Your flights will operate non-stop.

Darren
Flown with a few airways to india, Jet airways have been by far the best. :tup
We have been really tight and are not paying for meals, seat allocations, transfers, extra luggage etc etc!

From past experience, the crew haven't a clue who's paid for food and you'll get it anyway! :tup
Darren

Is it possible to book a flight to Goa and return on another airline? Thoams cook are telling me that I cant but I have looked on certain websites and do a dummy booking one way only and it lets me.

its a long story but I threw my passport away by accident 1 day before I was due to go on holiday. So I missed ny flight out however my seat is still booked to come back .
vegasone,

Anything is possible! It's just a question of price and where you route via. Where is it you want to depart from? If you go via Heathrow, there are several options with the likes of Kingfisher or Jet Airways. Bear in mind with Thomas Cook, if you don't use the outbound portion of a return flight, the return is sometimes automatically cancelled. As long as the return portion of the flight is valid, and they know you are wanting to use it, I'm sure you'll be able to find a one way flight out to Goa. It'll be pricey at sort notice though.

Darren
thanks for your quick reply

I have to phone TC at 7.30 monday morning as there is a flight out on Tues they said they can put me on and then I return on the same return flight I booked I never asked them about if they cancelled my return portion they just said I cant fly out with another airline and quoted cosmos monarch etc do you think I should ring them now and ask about my return flight?
vegasone,

If Thomas Cook have sorted you out, then there's no need. Sounds like you've had a pain of a start to your holiday!

Darren
Daz

When I rang them yesterday they said they cant put me on the flight , they told me I have to ring them 24 hours before to get on it, but I am worried that I will ring and there will be no seats left so I am looking at alternatives, yes I have had a bad start to my holiday I dont know how I have stayed sane :cry

thanks for your help
vegasone,

If you take it upon yourself to arrange an alternative flight and Thomas cook are aware of that, I can't see why / how they can deny you the return leg. It's no different than what they are suggesting with you being on stand-by for their flight. All you can do is discuss your options with them.

Darren
hi .. came back from goa 5 weeks ago after a brilliant 8 weeks there . Now loking to book for nov.11 but at moment cannot find a flight under £650 .. i know i need to keep searching but has anybody got a good deal for around that time? If so who have you booked with ?????????? ;) ;)
From past experience, the crew haven't a clue who's paid for food and you'll get it anyway!

not totally true Roma........ we do have a clue, just that some people are dishonest. If you claim a meal and hve not ordered one, you are preventing someone who has paid from receiving one. We have a manifest to work from with the correct meal codes on..... the aircraft is only loaded with the correct amount of meals and NO extras. Please be honest, but that could be hard for some people.
Perhaps Darren can shed some light on this one.........We've been back and forth to Goa quite a number of times over the last decade. Occasionally, we have had a fuel stop in Bahrain. Due to recent events I guess this is no longer the case. Is there an alternative fuel stop for this route? AUH perhaps? Shame really, we loved the Duty free shop at BAH !
djk,

The requirement for a fuel stop depends on the aircraft. I'm assuming you're referring to flights with Monarch? When they operate the Airbus A300B4-605R, it doesn't have the range to make the flight non-stop so therefore refuels in Bahrain onroute. If they send their Airbus A330-200, that is more common these days, that has a much longer range (2,000 miles more), there isn't the requirement for a fuel stop.

Darren
Does anyone know the dates for the first chartered flights from Gatwick to Goa this season?
Mober One,

Monarch operate the MON4372/3 from 3rd November until 29th March and the MON2490/1 from 5th November until 28th April.

Thomas Cook operate the TCX318/9 from 3rd November until 15th March.

Thomson Airways operate the TOM052/3 from 3rd November until 28th April.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.