Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Just back yesterday and i can say i think Pr is very tacky! We stayed at Amadores and the hotels beach walkways are all lovely.When you walk the walkway( we called it the great wall of china)back and forth from PR to Amadores you can see how PR is not as well kept as the newer bit.This is a shame as PR beach is just as nice but smaller.There is not one decent shop in any of the two shopping centres. They all sell the same things they all work in each others shops.There doesnt seem to be any locals have craft shops or anything, we usually go to Portugal or Tenerife and we love the small local shops but they were sadly missing here.I cant work out which centre i hated the most top of the hill or bottom.In theory when you eat out in the evening you mainly have to sit in a shopping centre to eat! Why is there no nice little restuarants outwith the centres? Amadores beach has a few and they were fine but try walking back the walkway in the dark.They had the lights switched off! very scarey.Our hotel was excellent the beaches great the weather fantastic, but lack of decent shops decent eating places and entertainment would sadly put me off going back again.The smell of sewerage day and night was particularly bad walking through PR to shopping centre.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.