Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
we were able to do it online with Thomsons, but when the tickets arrived it also said that you could do it at check in, so I assume that this applies to Kingfisher also.
Apart from lots of sales pitch the Kingfisher site is not a lot of use!
found this link and India isn't mentioned, so perhaps not needed there yet.

http://www.flyingabroad.co.uk/Advice/Advance-Passenger-Information.aspx

everyone seems confused by this.
We went with Kingfisher last March and were not asked for this! I think it's only certain countries that ask for it(see del's link). By the way, the best airline I have flown with ;)
Thanks for that, put my mind at rest!

Its my first time with Kingfisher, and from all the good reports, am looking forward to the flight ! (Im usually a nervous flyer) :cheers
I'm sure your be very pleased with Kingfisher ;)
I sent Kingfisher an email prior to flying with them last November. This was their reply:

Dear Sir/Madam

You will be required to fill out ADI form at time of check in.

Many Thanks

With Kind Regards
Kingfisher Airlines UK & Europe Sales
1000 Great West Road
Brentford
TW8 9HH
UK

Tel: 0843-080-1010 (UK)
+91 20 27 29 3030 (Europe)

Certainly didn't have any problems at the airport!

PS. They were brilliant, spoilt me now for ever going cattle class again. If I had to pick a fault, and that would be very difficult, it was they we had the same films going and returning.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-15691181
Looks as if the situation is serious, Glad I'm booked on Qatar in a week or so, if the Qatari's run out of funds, then we really are in dire straits
Alan
I was about to book a Kingfisher flight, now having very serious doubts about doing so :think
I'm booked with Thomson Airways for January, so as long as the problems don't spill over into the brewery I'll be OK.
:rofl
Ohhhhh heck I am booked with them, and I am not getting any answer to my emails, so I really don't know what to do, luckily I paid for the flights through american express, so I will get the money back, but that won't help, my flying to Goa.
Good news,hope we can use our BA[Avios] miles with them for our
flights to Goa in the future :)
annx
Hope they will help them pay for fuel ! Not true about them being the first Indian airline to join a global alliance, as Jet Airways have been in the same alliance as Emirates, and I've had miles on to my Emirates card when flying with Jet a couple of years ago.
Alan
Kingfisher Airlines hit by safety fears

Aviation authorities are meeting with Kingfisher Airlines and another of India's largest carriers today after an internal report raised safety fears.

India's director general of civil aviation Bharat Bhushan told The Times of India that Kingfisher Airlines and Air India's budget carrier Air India Express needed to take "several steps".

The report said there was "a reasonable case" for withdrawing Kingfisher's licence if regulators believed its well-publicised financial difficulties were affecting the safety of its operations. It also said there was a case for restricting Air India Express' operations in view of safety issues.

Both carriers have defended their safety standards. Kingfisher, which is owned by liquor baron Vijay Mallya, said it was operating with "utmost safety".

A Kingfisher spokesman told the news agency AFP: "This is an audit which the DGCA carried out... [which] we are going to reply to at the meeting today (Thursday)."

According to one report, the audit found that of 20 of Kingfisher's 61 aircraft have been permanently parked at Indira Gandhi International airport due to poor maintenance. As a result, there have been more than 170 flights cancellations in a month.

The audit also found "major financial distress issues" with Jet Airways, JetLite, SpiceJet and GoAir, according to reports.

Most airlines in India, including the largest, Jet Airways, are loss making. According to Reuters news agency, they are on course to lose $20bn in the current financial year due to high fuel prices and on ongoing price war combined with a slowdown in the economy.

Kingfisher and Air India have been negotiating with banks for further cushion to ease their debt burden and for more working capital. Both firms have undergone debt restructuring and in September Kingfisher shut its budget arm Kingfisher Red, saying it no longer wanted to compete in the low-cost market.

Kingfisher, which flies from London to Delhi and Mumbai, will join the oneworld airline alliance on February 10.

With permission from Travelmole
Had a great flight with them on Tuesday :)
OMG whats happened...we are flying 1st Feb with Kingfisher ...

Havent been on HT site for some weeks have I missed something important .......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.