Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi Lisa. Don't think it was my two chatting to yours but I'm sure they'd like to! Don't think we will see you though as we go on 31st and you're there just a week aren't you? Still, they could still compare notes!! :D
No tickets as yet...they were sent out on the 20th April????? The woman on the phone said that I should receive them within the week if not to call back!
Sent out 20th April and today is the 10th May
Oh right only 13 working days since they left there offices. :?
Blame the postman :argue
Yep blame the postman...shall I blame him as well if KABC isn't complete as yet????
You may as well cuz I can't see First Choice accepting responsibility for it!!
I know that holiday companys can and do change their prices day by day, as last year I was watching a holiday with olympic to Corfu and one day it was only £550 for 2 adults the following day it jumped to over £700 and within a week it was back down to £560 we thought we would risk it and wait another week and we lost out again as it jumped back up to £754, which is what we paid in the end, we were told like woody has already said, that once the plane has enough passengers to make it worth while leaving the ground, they can charge whatever on the last seats, so really a late bargain deal isnt so great. I always book my main holiday a year ahead at least to make sure I get what I want and normally I get great discounts like free insurance, free child price plus like for instance with kabc we got £250 discount, our holiday was £1800 for 10 nights, for 3 adults (daughter 13 so classed as an adult - dont get me started on that) 1 child and 1 infant on 14th june, which I think is a bargain.

Lisa and Mick be sitting in the bar this time two weeks :P
Very good price.

I have booked for Cyprus next year 5* B&B, 2 adults + 1 child (free) £1901.00
I wonder if the decrease in price is actually due to the late availabity or the fact that First Choice no longer think the holiday is worth the prices we paid! :?
I'm really sorry to be the bearer of bad news. FC have rung me. They are cancelling all holidays at Kos ABC before 1st July. :swear :yikes
They are ringing round now. Need to get your brochures out and look for something else.

I can't :swear believe this

Karen
oh dear :cry:
How long have they known this?

Serious complaining time now, this is beyond a joke
  • Edited by mcfester 2006-05-10 13:42:18
Please tell me you are having a laugh!!!! :o :shock:
Do you know if this includes 1st July as we are booked to go then. Sorry to hear the news it must be so disappointing for you not so bad for us as we are travelling alone without kids but so upsetting for children.
Not really sure, but 1st July is probably the first date.

Karen
What was their reason?
I really can't believe this!! :cry:
Well at the moment, maybe, but who knows what will happen in the meantime. How do you stand about rebooking will they offer you a similar holiday for the same price.
What are they offering?? I have booked my car parking.....I have bought my clothes....I want a five star and compensation....what are our rights????? This is so upsetting.......I don't know what i am supposed to do......???
i thought some thing was up yesterday when you could not book untill july i was right
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.