Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Kos Aqua Beach Club
1856 Posts
Hi, lexy, we fly out on the 19 july as well, looks like there will be a few of us there then 8) karen
hi all we recieved our letter today telling us that it has been changed to a 3*plus no offer of cancelation or discount and all facilitys will remain as stated in broucher thought id let you all no

linda
Hi, Just booked today for 24th may 06, for 14 nights. Really looking forward to it now just going to try not to think of the fact that its not even built as yet.
The travel agents were great they matched the internet price and let us pay low deposit.
Anyone else going same time??
Hey linda, when we had problems at the holiday village, firstchoice sent a letter, but it didnt tell you that you could change or cancel, when i spoke to them they did say you can do this if you want. Read the small print at the back of the book, and that says you are entitled to compo of a few pounds as well. First choice dont mention this either. Still not had our letter yet :cry:
Hiya,

Well ive just booked for the 14th June flying from Glasgow to the Kos Aqua Beach Club...this will be my first time to Kos but not my first time to an all inclusive i just hope its nicer than the one ive just come back from in Turkey :roll:

I am a little wary because it's a new complex but first choice told me it will def be complete Greece have very strict building laws to follow, they said if there was any problems at all we will be contacted and offered an alternative...so i am closely watching what you guys put about this hehehehe

I've paid £2048 for 2 adults and 2 children ages 12 & 9 for the 14 nights & including Gold insurance (much needed if ya got a son like mine who decided this year to fall off a waterslide and bump himself about ) which i thought was an ok deal i havent booked any of the flares such as the den, my lad the eldest spends enough time during the year on his ps2 and xbox let alone when we go on holiday hehehe i was pleased to see that we havent been ripped off with the prices just for the fact of flying from Scotland...Turkey this year for the same hotel and date was £500 cheaper to go from Manchester than Glasgow...500 is nearly a weeks spending money hehehe

Anyways won't waffle on i will keep an eye on this posting though to see if you guys get any more info :-)
Just keeping you posted. Friends arrived back from Tingaki. Said it was really lovely place but couldn't find any trace of the beach club on the coast between Tingaki and Kos Town. Which leaves me a little concerned. Only hope as were not going until the 19th July that they will have all the problems sorted out before then. Have also been looking at the other beach club in Corfu as thought I might change to that one. It looks even less likely to be ready as they have uncovered an Archological burial ground dating back to 500 BC
Blimey, we almost chose Corfu :shock: I am sure that by July next year things will be up and running.......................... :shock:
Hi all

We also received our down grade letter today!

Really confused about what to do we love Kos, but I've taken a shine to the 24 hour all inclusive in Fuerteventura! :glynis

Don't know what to do!! Decisions, decisions!! :roll:

Tash xx
samj,

Recognised your name from Holiday Village Viva review site.
We returned from there in June, how about you? Maybe our kids know each other. My kids are Zoe & Mason (spent most of their time in wavelength),what are the names of your kids? We also travel on 24th May next year. Look forward to your response.

telnshell
HI telnshell, Yeah we were there the same time as you, My sons were Ashley whos 11 and went to the wavelength my other son is Joe hes only 6 and didnt go to any clubs.
Ashley remembers Mason and Zoe we were at the hvv 28th May to 11th June.
We are really looking forward to this next one its looks even better than the Holiday Village.
I just keep my fingers crossed that its built in time, which airport you flying from? we are going from Bristol at 17.45 arriving at 22.40 greek time.
Sam
Hi, i got my letter today from firstchoice, they dont say that you can change/cancel the holiday but if you read the small print in the brochure, you can! Greece has the same building regulations as Turkey (very similar) and the hotel in Turkey was not finished on time, so its fingers crossed. I think they may have learnt there lesson after the bulgaria, costa del sol and Turkey problems. Lets hope so............
Where in the brochure does it say that mate?

I am going to change to Fuerteventura and go to Kos in 2007.

The reason for my change is our little boy Josh last night got rushed to hospital with breathing difficulties because of this heat, so obviously if we take him to Kos for 14 nights we're at risk of aggrivating his allergies again, so instead we will go to Fueteventura later on in the year when it's (hopefully) a bit cooler and we will only go for a week.

Take care all

Tash xxx
Hi All

New To this Site!

We have recently booked a 2 week holiday at Kos Aqua Beach Club from 27-Sept-2006, 8) we paid just over £1800 for 2 adults and 2 kids 11&8. About 2 weeks after booking we received our downgrade letter. :(
we were a bit miffed as we had never been to a 4* before.
but should still be good as it is brand new and should be finished when we get there. :D
We are going to Cala n Blanes in Menorca this year that will be our first AI Holiday, looking forward to it! but looking forward to Kos next year more :yipee
Went to Lanzarote last year for 2 weeks, early October and had a day in Fueteventura it was the hottest i've ever been on that day! :wow

Will keep an eye on this site from now on as most of you are going before us.

take care all :wave
Regard
Neil
Tash, look in the back of the firstchoice brochure (page 504 in mine) under "if we change or cancel your holiday" it explains the options. The "definitions "it talks about are on page 502 in my book. It lists a few, but if you want to change phone them or get the travel agent to, and say you want to change as they have downgraded, and you WANT to change. They were not so helpful when we needed to change until i told them when and where i wanted to go, so have dates etc ready. Make sure you get the name of the person you speak to. karen
Hi All

We still have not received our downgrade letter. I phone First Choice Travel agent and spoke to the manager. She was very helpful. She telephoned her head office and got an update on the building works and all is going according to plan. Told her I was a bit concerned that some of the facilities might not be opened. She said that if I wanted to change my holiday I could do free of charge. I think I will maybe change to the Pegasos Palace in Turkey as it looks really nice and all the problems for there should be sorted by July 2006. It's either that or we take a chance. Managers also said that it's in their interest to have everything up and running by May as the holiday is also being sold to other travel companies.
Haven't even been on this years holiday and I'm worrying about next years. :roll:
lexy, we are going to stick with it and risk it. It sounds so nice and as its near the sea, and the bikes etc. The Turkey one does look nice, but i dont fancy having to pay for all the extra stuff. By the time July comes round i am sure it will be fine, cant wait really.............only one year and a few days to go.............. karen
You may be wondering where the pool photos on the club aqua Kos & corfu websites came from if the resorts are not completed, yet. In fact from what I understand construction has yet to start on either site.

"artist impression" drawings I can accept as long as they are labled as such, however, First Choice have used photographs on the club aqaua websites which were actually taken at a waterpark / resort in Corfu called Aqualand.

You can see all the supossedly club aqua pool photos on the website at
http://www.aqualand-corfu.com/main2.htm
Hi
My husband and I along with our 4 year old daughter, are thinking of booking this hotel for sept 2006. Does anyone yet know how far outside tingaki the hotel is, ie, within walking distance. Never been to Kos before but a friend has just returned from tingaki and has highly recommended it. She did mention the awful airport and the mossies! can anyone add more to that?
All in all the hotel looks fantastic, but a bit dubious about booking a new hotel, although all the teething problems SHOULD be sorted out for then :D
anyone with any info on the resort or the hotel< we would really appreciate a reply, to help us make up our mind!!! :)
Hi, when i spoke to firstchoice they told me the hotel is about 2-3 km from Tingaki and the same to kos town, we have booked for the 19 July 2006, and are really looking forward to it. My kids love the idea of the mountain bikes and being right on the sea's doorstep. I would imagine as it is a small island that buses and taxi's are readily available...........hope this helps karen
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.