Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
If its the water park in Torremolinos your refering to, I would say its about 15-20 minutes away by taxi /car,from where you are.
Torremolinos water park is near the recinto ferial,exit Palacio de Congresso off the motorway.
There is a description of another apt and facilities here http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/Mijas-Costa/10215
Hi Rumbaliz. Your apartment is facing the Mijas Golf complex, and you should have a magnificent outlook over a course called Los Lagos (the lakes).
The road you are on does not have any public transport whatsoever, as far as I am aware, so getting about in taxis will be the way to go.
The apartments are about a mile and a half outside Fuengirola, on the road leading to Alhaurin el Grande and Coin, and while there are restaurants and bars in the vicinity, I'm just not sure how close you might be, as far as walking goes.
There is better news of the water park, which is where you turn off on the N340 to get to your accommodation. If you were feeling energetic, you would be able to get there on foot, but that would be pretty exhausting on a hot day.
That mile and a half I mentioned to Fuengirola is pretty much the distance to the water park itself.
Good news, too, that the Tamisa Golf Hotel, which I have reviewed on this site as well as another (see links below) is just on your doorstep. Great restaurant there, as well as entertainment at weekends. The view of the golf course you'll see I've posted is the view you should get from Los Golindras.
If I can be of any further help, just fire away.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/costa-del-sol/fuengirola/tamisa-golf-hotel/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g580271-d290461-r5039792-Hotel_Tamisa_Golf-Mijas_Costa_del_Sol_Andalusia.html
If, for instance, we decide that we want to hire a car half way through our holiday, then are there any places we can rent a car in the area...not sure if our apartments have a reception as such, which is where youd normaly hire a car mid holiday.
Your hotel looks lovely by the way, you sound like you all had a good time.

liz
Liz, I think I remember seeing a car hire office on the way to the Tamisa Golf Hotel. If I'm wrong you will be able to rent a car through Tamisa's reception. If John (Peach) or Luchy (Lobato) are around, tell them Tony told you you would get a great deal from them!
Hi,

The apartments you are staying at are fantastic. Its a great location for a relaxing time and the views as posted are superb over the golf course.

As well as the hotel, there is a restaurant just along the road from you and a small mini market. A couple of other restaurants are also near. Also a time share resort is near you where you can use the facilities such as snooker. They also have entertainment on and again, free entry.

Regarding a car, I would hire from day one as the downside of this area is that it is isolated and a long walk into town, which is not nice as there are no paths and it is a main road. The cost of a car will be far cheaper than taxis. Sorry but no public transport here at the moment. If you hire from the airport, the cost alone for a taxis return will probably pay for half the car hire.

If you hire a car you can go inland a little away from the traffic and also use the "loop" road which takes you to another nice resort- La Cala whithout having to use the motorway. Maps will show you the region.

Have a nice holiday
I take it that theres no way theres a cash point machine around there then? Probably in Fuengirola I guess.
I have in a review elsewhere read of The Matchroom, whats that exactly?
~We will go to eat in Fuengirola some nights, but for the local resturants, do they take credit cards? just want to get an idea so I can work out how much actual cash etc to sort out.
Liz, just remembered a car rental firm that will deliver to your apartment.
http://www.rentacar3000.com
I know Las Golondrinas very well and in my opinion you should hire a car because it is a bit isolated. The taxi fare from the airport will be about €40 euros. There is no reception area at the apartments as they are all privately owned. There are two phases and each has a swimming pool. You will have lovely views of the golf course if you have one of the front line apartments but restricted views if you are in the back line. There are usually lots of children on holiday and your daughter should have loads of kids to play with.
The Matchroom next door is a Time share complex, this is where taxis can be booked, and just down the road is a very nice restaurant overlooking the golf course. There is a little mini market, but prices are high, and this closes on Sunday. Your husband would find it heavy going to walk to the golf club if he has clubs to carry. It is not possible to walk across the golf course, so here again, a car would be needed. If you need any more information please ask. The website for Las Golondrinas is http://www.lasgolondrinas.net
thanks you that is very useful

Liz
Hi, We stayed at the the mijas apartments last year they are of a good standard, no familys from hell like you get on the sea front, most of the other coments are about right, we hired a car from toramar car hire they deliverd it to us, we had some one pick us up from the airport and when we went out of a night and dident want to drive they picked us up droped us of and the same again when we were ready to come back i think the airport transfer was 40 euros and the nights out to fungirolr were about 10 euros and they new all the right places to eat plus, aqua park, tivoli world, fung zoo, benalmadena marina and lots more. there email is rentals4u@hotmail.com if you get in touch ask steve if he has eat all his angle cake. regards.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.