Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
A warm welcome MrsGeordio,

Well firstly you have chosen the right place in Cyprus and especially Paphos.

I have not stayed at either but personally I would go for the Paphian Bay, simply for the fact that it is part of the Constantinou Bros chain and having stayed at the Athena Beach many times I can tell you their standards are very high

Sorry I cant be more help but I am sure other members can :D
Hi mrsgeordio

We stayed at the IBH this year...it's nicely located, the grounds and pool area are quite extensive. Our room was large even with 3 of us in there, there was plenty of room. The food was very good, plenty of choice, men have to wear long trousers in the dining room for dinner. Staff and the entertainment crew were all nice and helpful, wouldn't hesitate in returning if when we go back to Pafos. Haven't stayed at the other hotel so can't comment.

hope that helps if you need anything more specific please ask..

regards boaz.. :D
Hi

Have posted many times how much we enjoy the Paphian Bay. Have seen both hotels you mention, but have only stayed at the Paphian Bay (4 times). I can't comment on the Imperial but can't say enough about the Paphian Bay - having read some reviews though, as in all hotels it all depends on what you want from a holiday! When we've 'picked up' people from the Imperial on our way home to the airport folks have seemed very genuinely sad to be going and have spoken highly of it.

I'd say that the definite plus for the Paphian Bay is the garden area - it is beautiful and in a natural bay. The whole garden area is quite extensive and mature, with plenty of relaxing, shady areas. I'd say the best gardens on the strip. It also has a great beach area - it's got a break water that means that swimming is very safe - the Imperial, from what I remember doesn't have this.

The Imperial is bigger than the Paphian Bay - apparently it was once owned by the Constantinou Bros (who own the Paphian, Athena and Pioneer) but they sold it, so in many ways the design is very similar!

The Imperial is a 4 star I think, the Paphian Bay 3 star plus (though we'd put it higher).

As someone's said the service at the Constantinou Bros is excellent and if we didn't go to the 3 star plus Paphian, to be honest we'd go to the Athena Beach or the Pioneer.

To be honest I'd stay at any of the hotels on that strip and be happy!

Any questions please ask

Us Prestos

:wink:
  • Edited by Presto2 2005-12-15 21:13:37
Can only echo what the Prestos have said :tup . I have stayed at the Pioneer (which shares its grounds with the Paphian) and also at the Athena.

I have had friends stay at the Imperial and rate it very highly!

Kath HT Admin
Thanks for all your help.
By the way, what sort of temperatures should we be expecting mid April? Will it be hot enough for sunbathing?
Thanks!
Hi MrsG - we chose the Imperial the first time we went to Cyprus and were not disappointed, but its not a patch on the standards of the Constantino hotels (although we only stay at the Athena). You'll also have to pay for your fridge at the Imperial and there's no complimentary tea/coffee making either. The charge for the in-room safe is exhorbitant in comparison as well. Not sure about the Paphian Bay, but at the Athena there's a reasonably priced shop for drinks/snacks and the bar/restaurant prices are very good. The breakfasts are to die for :D

I'm sure it will be warm enough in April to sunbathe. We go in June (hot), but friends of ours have been the first couple of weeks in May and the weather was beautiful, but the pools are on the cool side.

Hope you have a great time, you'll love Paphos.
saint...

and there's no complimentary tea/coffee making either.

there was for us this year... :D
i read somewhere :? poss 1st choice website i think that on hb with eve meal you get a carafe of wine ? is this true ?

It probably is First Choice Spadge where you saw this offer. We stayed at the Imperial a couple of years ago having booked with First Choice and we received a free carafe with our dinner :D Only First Choice guests though.
I saw that too spadge, I hope its true because I have booked with first choice and its the free wine that swayed me ha ha.

Karen
does louis imperial have a dress code for eve meal ?
I should think it is long trousers, hope not got to be collar and tie, if you find out would you let me know please.

Karen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.