Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
malta kids
9 Posts
Well they have a beach..... a water park......Oh! and they still have popeye's village. : :lol:
thanks.how far is water park from sliema? and does anyone know rough prices?
Hi don't know any prices but it is about a 10-15 minute bus ride up the coast road from Sliema / St Julians.
Hi there, Malta is OK for kids for a short time. Besides Splash n Fun there is also the Marine Park next door, Playmobil Funpark and some good forts where you can see re-enactments.

The best beaches for kids would be Mellieha, Paradise Bay, Ghajn Tuffieha and Armier bay. There are lots of watersports from Mellieha beach during the summer months. And of course Ramla Bay on Gozo is excellent. Comino can get a bit crowded in the summer but is a relaxing day out particularly if you combine it with a boat trip from Sliema.

For Forts I'd recommend Rinella Fort and the re-enactment there, if you arrive at the right time you can fire a cannon! Playmobil Funpark would probably be better for younger children but is a relatively cheap afternoon out. Popeye Village is looking a bit seedy these days but the animators do a good job of entertaining you.

The Aviation Museum near Ta'Qali is also worth a visit and you can combine it with a trip to the glassblowing/pottery/craft village.

For indoor activities you could go bowling, cinema or the entertainment place at Bay Street. The Experiences in Valletta and Mdina are also quite good for a short, interesting stop.

Hope this helps, I have 3 kids in Malta and have been here since Feb 2006, so if I can help in any other way, let me know!

Ciao

Susan
thank you for all your replys,they have helped us alot.looking forward to getting on that plane now!!!!!!!!!!there are 28 people coming with us and i have been trying to organise so much,with the wedding being next september i thought i'd got plenty of time,but the clock is ticking!!!thenks again for all your help.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.