Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
yes we have been and sadly wasnt impressed, it was easter so slightly out of season could be the reason why the choice of food and drinks were very limited and food not that great. slides were closed, entertainment 30 mins of rubbish, accommodation in need of a revamp about 2-3* standard. sorry to be a barer of bad news , yes it was an all inc when we were there, drinks extremely cheap brands and watered down beer.

my daughter also went in oct 07 and shes was only 21 and not as fussy as me and didnt like it either, ended up eating out most nights , it might be better in the summer with more choice and better quality food, i doubt the rooms will have improved, think it depends when you are looking to go and how much you have got it for.

the 2 good things it has going in its favour are the ice skate rink and the position and views are great
Thanks Ellie

We were thinking of going in October,kids half term,we can only get flights from local airport to Ibiza or Turkey so are quite limited,can't afford too much because we have booked Cyprus in August.We may try self catering as somebody has said Antique Palace is okay.T.
you might find oct the slides etc are closed, at the end of the day you pay for what you get if its a cheap deal and you arent too fussy then you might be ok. the flights are dear we have just booked for the last 2 wks in oct and had to shop around to get a not too bad a price grrr , good luck
Looking at A1 travel,flights are Thomas Cook,it works out about £1100,is that good?Flights from Norwich £280 each we are 2 adults and 16 YR OLD SO 3 adults really.T
Oscarben - If this price includes flights, inflight meal, transfers and all inclusive then it sounds good.

I know you mentioned on another post about Antique Palace and that your son might want to go there. If you do book Marmaris Palace and your son wants to visit Antique Palace then it can be easily done. I am not sure if your visit is coinciding with the other family visiting Turkey but if it is I can offer a little advice to you about getting from Marmaris Palace to the other hotel.

Marmaris Palace is situated between Marmaris and Icemeler, might be a little isolated but you can easily travel one way or another and be in busier parts within minutes.
i booked going out with easy jet and they were about £40 each and coming back with flythomascook £166 each, this is about 19th-1st nov, so around £206 each return, not too bad , but it was from gatwick so about 1hr 45 mins for us grr, our local airport is birmingham but flights were a lot dearer from there so was worth the travel. you might find if you can go a bit before half term its slightly cheaper
Hi

Our school has strict policy about taking time off during GCSE courses,wouldn't like to get wrong with the Head ,Norwich only has one flight a week and half term is the last one of the season,dare I wait to see if prices come down.T.
its a lottery, i didnt know what to do either grr, do aegean flights fly from near you sometimes their prices are good
There seemed to have been plenty of good deals around last October with Thomas Cook,but I dont know if they will be any from Norwich.
A good all inc hotel in marmaris is the Green Nature or the Grand Pasa both have water slides in hotels both the hotels food and drink are good

My friend went last year Green Nature Oct for a week 2 adults 4 kids she paid £1500 that was booking flights and hotel transfers separate 2 weeks before they went then the last week prices off flights dropped again also green nature is ultra all inclusive xx
Oscarben if you do go ahead and book for Marmaris I think the 2 hotels mentioned by Celine2002uk might be better situated for you. They are situated in Siteler area of Marmaris which we have stayed in many times and liked.
Thank-you Celine and morh,I will take a look at those hotels,it's always good to have hotels recommended by somebody who has been to the resort,we went to Incekum 11 years ago just by seeing the picture of the hotel and had an awful holiday.Never again,I hope as there are so many people on this forum to help and advise.I'm sooo glad I'm a member.T.
YES, I find this a very helpful website. Have had lots of good information, tips etc. since I became a member of HT
Hi everyone, we have booked to stay at the marmaris palace hotel in july and we have booked what they call a 2 bedroom family room and we were wondering is it an actual two bedroom room or does it just have beds all in the same room?? Any answers will be greatly appreciated . many thanx leetom :cheers
Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
We have been to the Marmaris Palace six times now , the last time was early October 2006,the slides were open then and it is definitely all inclusive with drinks all day .We took my daughter ,son in law and young grandson once and we all really loved it . It is situated between Ichmeler and Marmaris ,maybe 15min walk either way ,or you can get the Dolmus at the hotel gate.We will definitely return there some time in the near future .
Bluepeterno1
Member reviews for the Marmaris Palace are on our Hotel Review section.

Darren
Hello Leetom, we booked a similar room but for 5 of us. There is a small "bedroom" as you go in, with two single beds. Then a further room, with double bed plus bathroom. When we went we could only find four beds, the extra one had been forgotten. Problem was soon sorted though.
It was cramped but liveable, after all you only sleep there.

Enjoy it, we did .....
Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.