Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Marmaris Palace
6 Posts
Hi there,
We returned from the Marmaris Palace 2 weeks ago and we had a great time.There are good and bad points aboit the hotel, here are some of the bad ones..... be careful which room you get given if you're not happy with it go back to reception and complain, 1st room we were given was horrible, 2nd room not brilliant, 3rd room brill with fantastic views of the bay and Icmeler.Lots of Russians and other nationalities did not bother us too much but some are very rude especially at mealtimes and also because of all the nationalities some of the food was a bit weird but not wonderful but you will certainly not starve as the choice is immense so there is always something that you will like.Some of the inside of the main building is looking rather dated and looks as if it could do with a lick of paint here ane there.
Now the good points.....The area the hotel is situated is absolutely lovely, surrounded by pine trees and everywhere you sit outside the views are beautiful, the 2 pools are lovely and plenty of sunbeds everywhere.There are lots of tables and chairs to sit at and have a drink or two!
The cleanliness at the hotel is superb, we had fresh towels AND fresh bedding every single day and everywhere you look there is cleaning going on even a chap sweeping up little twigs from the pine trees every couple of hours, also fresh tablecloths are put on the dining room tables at every sitting, breakfast,lunch and dinner.Last but not least the lobby bar is open 24 hours a day so if you want a cocktail or a coffee at 5 o clock in the morning you can have one!
So if I were you I would go end enjoy, we have never been anywhere that is perfect and we have had a lot of holidays.Even with the few niggles we had we found it a very friendly hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our holiday.
Hi Carol74

Thanks for that info. You are of course right, everywhere has it's bad points and to be fair we've had an agent book flight, transfers, hotel etc separately so the price we got was very good. The main problem with the reviews on tripadvisor is that many people seem to have suffered stomach upsets. These 'outbreaks' do not necessarily have to be caused by the hotel food of course so I think we'll go with an open mind.

Thanks again
Hi Carol,
Just to say we did not have any tummy upsets at all, and I think that a lot of these so called tummy bugs are more often than not caused by over indulgence particularly with the alcohol, because it is all inclusive we did see a lot of people drinking alcohol lots! of beer and spirits all day long, not that there was any drunk people or anything like that but I think some think because they've paid for it they're gonna have it and we are certainly no goody goodies but I think you have to not go too overboard straightaway and bear in mind that umpteen vodka cocktails before lunch is gonna be a shock to your system!!We took it steady for a few days and did not just drink alcohol but water and soft drinks and then indulged more at night time and we were fine.
Hi Carol74,thx 4 that review,we`re booked to go there next Sept,so am glad to hear from somebody that`s actually stayed there,thx once again :cheers
Hi Carol

Once again, thanks for that information, I agree that in some cases if not most, it would be due to over indulgence! Having been on a few all inclusive hols before, I know exactly what you mean.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.