Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Greek Kitty
we flew to Lesvos last year and the airport is tiny.
I can't remember Zante airport very well, but I can't see it being smaller than Mytilene.

When we arrived to check in for our return flight, we got rid of our cases, then walked down the road a few yards to a taverna and had a meal and a drink.
When we thought it was nearing time for boarding, we walked back to the airport, went straight through Security and onto the plane.
We took off 15 minutes EARLY.

Lesvos is truly lovely, we stayed in Petra and would definitely choose to go back.
If you like McDonald's and lots of places doing 'English Sunday Lunch' or 'Sausages, Mash and Onion Gravy', I'd say you might be a tad disappointed.
If however, you like traditional Greek Food and ambience, you'll love it.

Although we enjoyed Tsilivi when we were last there in September 2001, it's a world away from Lesvos - which is how Greece used to be when we first used to go over 20 years ago.
Keep it a secret!

Regards
Polly
When we arrived to check in for our return flight, we got rid of our cases, then walked down the road a few yards to a taverna and had a meal and a drink

We did exactly the same as you! It was much better than hanging aorund in the terminal. We also stayed in Petra and loved it!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.