Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
November Weather
15 Posts
This will be our third visit in November.
First time we went on 12th November, last year 25th November and this year 27th November.
IMO best to leave it til as late as possible as you get the end of the monsoon weather.
We went on 12 November and there were quite a few overcast days - no sunshine an some showers when you were at the beach.
Later in the month the weather seems to pick up.
Been in November for about six years and generally the weather has been good. Just one year when it was overcast for a few days, but the previous year we didn't see a cloud all holiday! I think there's less humidity at that time. Last November the shacks were late up because of the delay in licences. I wasn't there then but that would be a problem.
Every time I've been in November there have been loads of shacks - maybe a few late in setting up, but again, no problem.
We went out 3rd November last year, had a couple of spectacular thunderstorms but otherwise weather was fantastic as usual.
Not many shacks were up when we arrived but by the end of the holiday was back to the usual.
Have a good time Neil :)
Thanks All,

Shacks not being up isn't a problem.

Would like to do quite a bit of walking and exploring so weather is good not being humid. I was in Goa late Nov a few years back but not early.

Haven't decided whether to have first 2 weeks south then 2 weeks north... or vice versa.

Might be better I suppose having first 2 weeks N if I find it too overwhelming (the rubbish and general building). Although I may get up early every day and walk round to Vagator from Baga and spend some time exploring inland and get away from 'the strip'.
do the second two in the north neil then you can buy me polly..and gemma ..a wee drink :rofl because we will all be there at that time ..when we go i hope to get down south for a few days .everyone tells me how nice it is ....colleen
IC,

Might well spend 2nd 2 weeks in North. I'll be going with a friend who hasn't been to Goa for 25 years... He will HATE CCB that's why if we are going down the beach it will be Vagator, Morjim etc.
How quiet is Baga and Vagator 1st 2 weeks of November?

Anyone know?
We hit one of the main holidays last year, 2nd week in November, Holli I think, and it was absolutley heaving. You couldn't move in Calungute and Baga. I don't know about this year , but I think it's about the same time each year.
As far as the weather goes , it's usually cooler, especially at night, and a little more bearable.

There were also very few shacks up last year, until mid november , so I dread to think what will happen 2008 , after all the troubles.

We are not going until January, giving plenty time to sort out visas and any other problem the Indian Government may think of, and of course what little problems the Goan Govt. will put in place.
There were also very few shacks up last year, until mid november , so I dread to think what will happen 2008 , after all the troubles.

That doesn't bother me. I will be staying on the Baga/Arpora Rd so will probably not be spending much time in Baga itself, and will avoid the beach. If I want a beach day I'll go to Vagator or Morjim.

Well it might be even quieter because of the troubles, but I don't see it affecting Indian tourists.

I'm in the process of looking at flights to Mumbai so all this is good info, thanks. I'll look out for the Holli fest'.
I thought Holi festival was around easter time, when they throw all the pain around....?
Holi Festival was Saturday 22 March this year, we were in Goa at the time.
Think the Nov/Dec holiday may be "Diwali"
That's what I thought Gemma, we left Goa on Sunday 23rd (paint free - thank god!)
Diwali is October 28 2008, and I think they have a weeks holiday, as all the rest of India seem to holiday in Goa. Apologies, mixed my Holli with Diwalli.
It was certainly extremely busy the last few years.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.