Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
I can I think answer some of your questions.

Clube Humbria is just off the main road almost in the centre of Olhos D'Agua. Almost outside is a road junction with traffic lights. Down the hill from there, about 300 yards, is the old village and the beach.

The area has become very built up in the past few years, but once down on the beach you can easily forget all that.

There is a very good Intermarche supermarket about 5 minutes walk along the main road and several smaller shops closer.

Olhos D'Agua is definitely one of the more restrained areas around here and although there a few bars and clubs you won't notice them where you are.

Restaurants I cannot help with specifically but in general there is not much in the way of a dress code - we need your money too much!

Olhos D'Agua is about 3 miles from the new 'Strip' end of Albufeira (Brits on holiday paradise of bars and clubs) and about 4 miles from the old town of Albufeira. The bus costs 1,90 Euros but doesn't go down into the old town and leaves you with a few minutes walk, all uphill on the way back, from the nearest stop. A taxi to the old town will cost about 7 or 8 Euros, about 6 to the Strip. During July and August taxis are sometimes hard to get. There is a taxi rank not far from Clube Humbria or I am sure they would call one for you.

The bus will take you to the Strip but the last buses are at about 730pm.

Bus details on my website at http://www.algarvebus.info/002w.htm

Hope that helps.
You been yet?
I can recommend some good restaurants.
Our favourite 2 are
"A Cantinha" on the main road and "Amber Nectar" on the road down to the beach.
I hope I've got the spelling right.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.