Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
turunc or bitez are both smaller resorts so may be more like than pefkos in size I really liked Turunc there are shops and restaurants but its all pretty laid back and friendly Bitez always gets lots of good reports .Personally Akyaka is my favourite place great beach and lovely warm sea very gently sloping so safe for non swimmers but it is a much quieter option not a lot of shopping opportunities though there are lovely restauants have a look at previous reports
Babadan Apartments at Icmeler is the place for you. These are through Thomson and have their own website. These are perfectly located for all your needs. The beach is only a ten minute walk.

Les
I would agree with Icmeler being a good place to stay. We were there about 4 years ago and stayed at the Pinewood Apartments which are family owned and run - they couldn't do enough for us. About 15 minutes walk from the apartments to the beach.
go to icmeler we go every year sometimes twice try icmeler on line you get good price
Been going to Hisaronu area for last eight years, For us its three resorts for the price of one, as well as this family orientated resort, you also have Olu Deniz & Fethiye to choose from all close by.

None of them have high rise hotels, the scenery, sea and the blue lagoon are beautiful, there is a varied selection of accommodation and restaurants to choose from. The sea and lagoon are crystal clear as well as a selection of beaches to choose from

Been to Marmaris and Icmeler and found the 2 hour transfer a drag, also found Marmaris to brash for our tastes.

Wherever you decide to choose I am sure you will love your holiday in Turkey.

GM06
I also vote for olu deniz :D
I'd personally say Icmeler for you :), it is a lot chilled out, quieter and has some great restaraunts on the beach. Short boat rides to Turunc and Marmaris are around if you want something different on a different day :)
Wherever you pick you will enjoy it, Turkey always has good reports.
Its got to be Olu Deniz. The area around the lagoon is mostly sandy, everywhere else in Turkey is stoney - Marmaris has seaweed and stones. I don't like swimming there so I'm sure your daughter won't. You can buy swimming shoes which help. My children always prefered the swimming pool. They can have a lot more fun there, diving and jumping in, swimming under water and playing with other kids.

D
Hi
As someone who also loves Pefkos I would say Olu Deniz has a similar feel to it. Your niece won,t like the sea.My daughters are excellent swimmers but hardly went in but,the lagoon will be a brilliant place to learn to swim.
Lally
my vote is for olu deniz too, having been to both icmeler and olu deniz, i think olu has better scenery and the lagoon is ideal for learning to swim, its very warm and calm with no sharp drops and beach is sandy, my little girl loves it and has been swimming in there since she was 5 and ive had no worries as its so safe as theres no waves
Olu Deniz will be great for the beach but the beach can get quite crowded.

Dalyan would be a good choice, certainly no high rises here. The beach is however a 30 minute boat ride but is much quieter than Olu Deniz and is completly sand. For someone wanting to learn the back side of the Dalyan beach is ideal, warm still water, the front side of the beach can get a bit wavy but is ideal for splashing about.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.