Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
What area do you live in and is this just a trial for having later holidays , as i work in school in S. Wales and we all have the same holidays .
I live in Essex and this has been the case now for the last couple of years . Our school Easter holidays now always start end march (around 30/31) regardless of where the easter weekend falls . This year we were Ok as the easter break fell on our last week of school holidays next year not so. Good friday 21st March so our children have to go back to school for 4 days after easter before they break up for their school holidays. our local colleges dont finish until 4th April. :( . Yes it is to make the terms more uniform .

lyn
Llindy

I live in london and its not trial. The thinking behind it is because easter never falls on the same day some terms are too long so they decided to have the end of the of the winter term at the same time each year to balance the terms out.

I still think its bad of the tour ops because to make the dates peak prices because its not every school. I fear if a five term year comes in, schools will break up at different time and all the prices will be peak time prices.
Personally I find booking last minute enables you to find excellent bargains for great hotels even in school hols! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.