Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Admin edit post removed as from returning banned member.
It was actually the a friend who worked in a different branch of first choice who told me about the cooling off period. I then phoned my local FC and they agreed but were not sure if there were any charges incurred. I know the holiday price can be changed at anytime, but it annoyed me that they took over 3 hours to do it when I had phoned them numerous times. It would have been easier to cancel the booking and book it at the click of a button on the internet, which is what I would have done in hind sight! Just feel like they should offer some discount due to their inefficiency. They knew the situation and that it was a real bargain and I made numerous calls to hurry them up! I agree though and know I will probably get no where!
Hi, Information I have to hand is as follows;
0870 850 3999 press option 2 then option 1 then option 4.
http://www.firstchoice.co.uk
customer services, Manchester. Tonyt.
You could also try 0161 745 2105 - look at http://www.saynoto0870.com/ to see if there are other numbers that are more appropriate.

Cic
When I had a drawn out dispute with First Choice, a customer service manager gave me her direct line -0161 745 4958.
Why not just stay with the 3 day trip you originally wanted and booked. You changed your mind, the person you spoke to had to find out whether there would be any extra charges in relation to this change of booking. By the time they had found out the information the holiday price had gone up, it happens.

A bit annoying for you I do understand but I dont think there is any cause for compensation or real complaint.

If you hadnt looked at the website again after having made the booking you would have been happy with the holiday you booked.

Kind Regards
Stewart
Many thanks for all your help and advice. After quite a few phone calls this morning eventually spoke to a customer services manager who was lovely and agreed to honour the deal. She was very helpful and seemed very understading of the situation. I find that the problem is getting access to these managers as you are never allowed to talk to them directly. Anyway we resolved the issue very amicably with no cross words between us! Would certainly have stuck with the 3 night deal if not. The main preference between the 3 and 4 night deal was the flight times, the 3 night one being a 6.30 am flight and the 4 night one being a 11.00am flight. We live a good 3 hours from Gatwick, so this was really one of the main factors for changing it. Have learnt my lesson though, and will certainly check out all options carefully before booking in future!
thanks again for your help
They were not accepting calls on the 0161 number last week!.I think they must have twigged on to the saynoto0870 website!
That's good news jen - glad it's all sorted :D
while i understand your frustration at the problem you experienced, you also have to appreciate that if you were calling a Travel Agency they also have Customers to deal with face to face.
Not sure about other Agencies but we get told that customers in the shop get priority.
I think that you'll probably find if you went into the agency where you booked the holiday it would have been sorted straigt away while you waited.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.