France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
There may be a restaurant at Nausicaa itself - check on their website - but if not there are restaurants in the Old Town that serve good food ... trouble is that they are inconsistent! ... and there were several on the Place Dalton which is centrally situated off the Grand'rue (main street going up the hill).

The tourist office may have a list of restaurants (use their website for info) but don't knock a good helping of mussels and chips ...... French chips can be excellent! But, beware ........ chips in French are CRISPS and you should look for pommes frites, often just simplified to frites!

French children like syrups mixed with lemonade - diabolo grenadine is a favourite, but I'm not sure that diabolo menthe (lemonade with mint syrup ..... a dark green drink!) would be to their taste. Perhaps you might try a diabolo fraise ... fizzy strawberry or if not Orangina. And of course there's always Pepsi, Coke, Fanta and Sprite!!

Bonne visite and bon appétit!

Oh and PS ...... a hamburger àcheval is NOT horse meat! Simply a burger with a fried egg on it.
Hi, just a quick update in case it helps anyone else really. We had our day out yesterday and decided to head for Wimereux, just outside Boulogne, for lunch. We found a brasserie type restaurant called Le Lutetia and had a very nice lunch. The 2 children had spaghetti bolognaise although there was plenty of other things on the menu that they would have eaten, including pizza. The adults had set menus at 18 euros each. There was a cheaper one at 12 euros, a reasonable selection on both. Hope to return if we are in the area. We all enjoyed Nausicaa- highly recommended for a day out with kids. The highlight for me was watching the sea lions swim underwater as they are so graceful. Also the crocodiles, which my grandson was convinced were not real, until he saw one move!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.