Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Sucks! Thanks for the tip as I could have fallen victom to this.

Did they offer you any replacement booze?
I did a monarch flight on sunday, and i bought a bottle of honey bee at duty free. And i was allowed to take this through in bahrain.

And the same applied to 2 cans of diet coke i had in my bag, again bought from india.
Himself bought 2 more bottles and was spitting feathers,
Chris,don't know how you got away with that,were you told to take everything with you ?
I wonder if the official in Bahrain was working his notice,he didn't look happy and was very sharp,I do know we were only one of many as passengers were queuing up to have a word with crew when we got back on .
Anyway himself has fired off a Mr Angry letter to monarch,will let you know IF they reply.
Hi
Yes we was told to take everything with us.

My bottle was put in a sealed bag at goa, but the bag was massive for the bottle, so i took the bottle out and just placed it in my hand luggage.

Nobody on the way out or back got anything taken off them.

Oh and we decided to buy some l&b cigs in bahrain on the way back, and they didn't have any to sell. So we bought superkings instead.
Thats interesting,you say your duty free was sealed in Goa,
ours wasn't,it was just in the ordinary red carrier,but they still
let you take it through unsealed into Bahrain customs,how
strange,just our luck to have the jobsworth lot on duty.
reply from Mr Angrys letter to Monarch,
Thank you for your letter,etc etc.
However,once the aircraft has landed in Bahrain it is a security measure that all items of hand baggage are completely removed from the cabin and taken by passengers with them into the terminal.
As a result of this there have been occasions when passengers have had items of a liquid nature confiscated by Bahrain officials,as they adhere to the same security restrictions,in this respect,that are in place elsewhere.
therefore it is advised that passengers on all flights operating via Bahrain refrain from purchasing duty free items which would not pass through security out of the UK or Goa.
This information should be provided by your tour operator at the time of booking.
signed
Customer relations advisor
  • Edited by Fiona 2008-02-18 17:47:12
    name removed
We flew 18th Jan and were only told of this at the gate in Manchester. Needless to say a mini riot occured and Monarch relented and said we could leave hand luggage on the flight....far easier for shopping in Bahrain. Return were told no liquids to be bought at Goa so didn't bother......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.