Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
You could try Algarve Select they have a web site you can put in your details and it gives you a qoute we stay at the jardim do Vau which is in Praia do Vau this is a small resort (tiny) in between Praia da Rocha and Alvor there are frequent buses to both places and Vau itself has a couple of bars and a few restaurants the good thing about it is the Jardim leads directly onto the beach which is lovely. :sun2
There is also the Coral do vau which is next door and that you can book through Style holidays or independently through Booking .com and othes sites I think.Hope this is of some help
If you're after private accommodation ie you are booking your flights separately then just type into Google 'accommodation Alvor' and you should get plenty of options.
In May we stayed at the Dunas do Alvor booked through Owners direct, though some of the appartments on the complex were booked with Thomsons.If you want the exact details I can find them if you pm me.
We got a great deal via Travel Republic for a 2 bed apartment in Alvor last October. We booked about 6 weeks before we went and it cost approx £110 for a week, which I thought was a bargain. The apartment itself was on the Maralvor complex, was basic, perfectly clean and had a huge balcony with 2 sunloungers.
thanks everyone for the advice, I managed today to book an apartment for £730 for two weeks not the price i imagined but there wasn't anything really for under a thousand pounds but these seem nice enough.

thanks again

Andy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.