France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
rachaelb44 wrote:

In Sept should we pre book a site or will it be quiet then?

Any suggestions as to where would be nice, either just vague areas to look at or specific sites. We love peace and quiet and a nice location much more than all singing and dancing sites with big clubs etc. A pool would be nice. I hate the idea of a campsite with everyone in neat rows about an arms length from the next tent.

Will Sept still be nice and warm day and night?

Any other tips - like where to get the Ferry to, is it better to pay more and get further south or just drive down?
THANKS!

Hi there

right simple
if you LIKE driving the short crossings can be easier and even cheaper
take a look at Camping Cheques websites if there's only 2 of you they are spot on €13.50 a cheque and it doesn't matter what the site charges that's all per night and most of their sites are 4/5 star

By september you shouldn't need to book we tend to phone up on our way to the site and have a back up just in case but normally there's lots of room

We tend to take a couple of nights to get to the med and around a week to get back we make sure we bypass Paris with a wide berth using the Autoroutes
OK they charge more for our caravan but the safetly and smooth roads make up for it in fuel saved
keep on asking will try to help we are off to France/Spain in June this year for achange as April /May is too unsettled in the Weather department as the time your going is getting but it is warm still
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.