Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I've not used them (or even heard of the trading name before) but a quick check on the CAA website looking for their ATOL details reveals that ETicket Travel is a part of, or trading name within, Hays Travel Group. On that basis I think you shuold be fine booking with them.

I do wonder why a reputable company like Hays Travel doesn't just indicate under the "About Us" tab on the ETicket Travel website a note to link them to the parent company. It would endorse what must be a relatively new trading name and give some assurances to customers.
Why doesn't eticket show that information, if they are part of Hays?

Also UK web law requires Limited Companies to include their registered address and registered company number on their websites and emails.

If you every have any concerns about an online retailer, you can check out to see if they are registered as a Limited company on 'Companies House' website at http://www.wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk. This may give you some more reassurance.
Something odd going on here.....

I've done a WHOIS search on the website name as shown in the thread title and it says

Domain name:
etickettravel.co.uk

Registrant:
mr p d jakab

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 17-Nov-2005
Renewal date: 17-Nov-2011
Last updated: 02-Jan-2010

If you change the co.uk to com the search shows that site registered to Hays but if you try to open the com site it diverts back to the co.uk . Is it possible that Hays have sold the name recently and the CAA records aren't up to date?
On Royal Mail Postal Service the only 2 results registered at that address are:

Green Events, 13, Brecknock Road, LONDON, N7 0BL
Tripleplay Services Ltd, 13, Brecknock Road, LONDON, N7 0BL

Not sure what's going on. Maybe it's rented office above the street. Had a look at google street, nice drycleaners there.
And all the offers (thumbnail offers) appear to be for departures in January. Short time between booking and departure - like the OP wanted to go in two weeks time, so full payment. It does look fishy. Lets hope not.
Hayes travel [as some other companies do] franchise to individuals [who then only sell holidays by Hayes] they will often quote the franchisers atol/abta numbers but as individual franchisees they do not hold the relevant licenses, this is fine provided they pass the full amount [less their commission directly to the franchiser and not hold it, for if they do and then cease trading you will not be covered
I've booked a holiday to Hurghada today with Fleetway travel :) I couldn't bring myself to risk etickettravel.co.uk!! £380pp all inclusive w/transfers and baggage allowance for both travellers in the very reputable Aqua Blu Resort Hotel. Very chuffed!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.