Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I was able to use my HSBC internet bank account to transfer money to a Greek account using SWIFT/IBAN. This cost me £9. I have also resorted to sending euros by post for a small deposit of 30 euros. Choose the International Signed for option and add compensation for a couple of pounds. Worth looking into if you can't do it via the bank.
Thanks for that Maria
I used to be with HSBC and for £9 would have used SWIFT but Nationwide want £20 which I think is excessive.

I don't mind for £500 odd for apartment but on top of £60 for taxi deposit :rage
Forgive me if I am going over old ground, but have you tried for a one way car hire with, say, avis? You could pick it up at Athens and drop it in tolon. Its more expensive than 1 days car hire but it'll will be much cheaper than that mad taxi quote!!
I'm surprised at the Nationwide wanting £20 to do a bank transfer. I have done this a couple of times from my Nationwide account free of charge, but it was done online.

luci :wave
Hi Niki
Nationwide don't charge for UK transfers just the foreign ones and its SWIFT or nothing so £20

Taxi quote quite cheap as most want E150 one way and have even seen E190 once.

Girl friend just does not want the stress as we are on holiday. Even staying at airport hotel over night before flying.

So it looks like I am going to have to bite the bullet unless Judith's Nat West or Barclays account are cheaper
Hi kobrien...

Just a thought... :think

Might be worth asking if Apartment / Hotel manager could arrange the Taxi..
Taxi could then tout for a trip to Athens to match your pickup.
Might even be a little cheaper than Athens cab as well...

Paul..
Hi Paul
Thanks for the tip but had a result today.
Judith's Natwest will do it for £10 and can live with that.
At least I feel I not being robbed with that
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.