Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: sun4udirect
50 Posts
Well the holiday turned out to be ok apart from the crappy weather for 3 days but all in all i got my money back eventually and sorted everything out with regards to charges!

Still wouldnt book with them again
I have finally got my cheque back for the money I had to pay for a taxi when the transfer didnt turn up.

I only got the money back for the taxi and was offered nothing in the way of compensation.

Ps - I am actually sat waiting for the bank to tell me the cheque has bounced !!!!.

I would also never book with this company again and I am also personally informing everyone I know, work with and come into contact with never to use Sun4u as the company is a complete and utter joke.

I am also posting on every holiday forum my bad experience and I am in the process of contacting the consumer watchdog, ATOL, ABTA etc and letting them know about this company.
I am glad to say after the problems i had as regard to my flights being booked with different email add. than the one supplied and being unsure about transfers after reading problems other members had had,
everything ran very smoothly and on time did not even have to re-confirm my returne transfer
it was posted 48 hours prior to departure from resort
As regards hotel there were no problems at all. :tup
Anybody else had trouble with dates being mixed up?

I booked two holidays (well accomodation for two holidays) through Sun4U in April. The first was to Calella in May and I have also book for Egypt in September.

When we arrived at the hotel in Calella we weren't on the check-in list for that day so the receptionist went away to make a phone call. He came back asking if we had originally booked for February. We hadn't. He went away again and sent us to the bar to get a drink while we waited. Half an hour later we got checked in but no explanation as to what the problem had been.

I'm really worried now about our booking for Egypt. It wasn't peak season when we went to Calella so they didn't have a problem getting us in but I don't know if things would be quite as smooth if the same were to happen in Egpyt. I don't fancy going from hotel to hotel with my suitcase looking for vacancies!

I have tried emailing the hotel directly to confirm the reservation but received nothing back. Sun4U direct assure me that all is fine but they seem to do tht a lot. I phoned to query why my invoice was showing a balance of £1.75 when I had paid in full at the time of booking and was told - 'no the balance is cleared'. I questioned again and asked for a replacement invoice showing this and the woman was really abrupt with me. I then got an unsigned letter through on the email saying 'thanks for your recent payment. Your balance is now 0.00. But I haven't amde a recent payment. Worried that they are going to say I've failed to pay the outstanding balance and the hotel is not booked.

Anybody had similar issues? What can I do to ensure the hotel is booked?
hi,i booked thru sun4u, paid in full, got my invoice then i waited acouple of weeks & rang (not e mail)the hotel in spain to confirm that there was a booking in my name ( rang twice different occasions ) booking in place, i will be ringing again next week to make sure nothing has changed, its a poor do when you have to do this but its the only way that i have piece of mind,for the cost of a phone call you can get a answer straight away & this gives you time so sort out any problems ,its no good waiting until you are at the hotel, DO IT NOW RING THE HOTEL & GOOD LUCK
Be aware that the hotels usually don't get the guests names until a couple of weeks before arrival so if you ring too early and they don't have your details, that may be the reason.

luci :wave
I'd warn anyone against using sun4u. We've just got back from Spain and they completely messed up our transfers after we had previously spent three weeks e-mailing them to confirm our flight change.

We had our flight put back one day due to the ash cloud, and sun4u's helpline (ironic) advised us to e-mail and promised a quick response. 3 weeks and countless e-mails later they eventually responded tersely saying all was ok and the hotel and transfers had been moved. Note this was all six weeks before the holiday, so they had plenty of time to get it right!

Well, the hotel was ok but the transfers weren't. We only just managed to get on the arrival transfer by persuasion, and had to spend time during our holiday trying to re-arrange the return transfer (which sun4u had promised they'd sorted out for us).

I've read a lot of comments about sun4u on this forum before posting and completely agree with most people - sun4u don't care once they've got your money and, on our experience, they can not be trusted.
hi just retuned from my jollies with sun4u & i can honestly say that everything was a1, i didnt book my flight with them only accomodation & transfers but they did request flight details etc for transfers/hotel notice board, i received my hotel & transfer vouchers 2/3 weeks after booking & they sent me copies 2 weeks before my jollies with instructions for return transfers & it stated that if you did not receive a text within 24/30 hours prior to departure or if you name was not on pick up list @ hotel reception then you had to call a certain spanish number, i didnt receive a text so i rang the number provided & all the info was given to me regarding pick up, 8.00am @ crossing & sure enough 8.00 am here comes the coach so i will use them again
Sun4U has ceased trading with immediate effect

The news has just been released here

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2010/08/12/34458/sun4u+collapse+heightens+lates+market+fears.html

More information will follow shortly no doubt

Thanks

EDIT: Thanks leisurelad ... we obviously have lots of topics about this company. To make things easier, it might be best if all further discussion takes place in this topic:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=92334&p=1481789#p1481789
Many thanks
David HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.