Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Quote:

What were you saying? Now it might just be cynical old me - age has something to do with it - but this to me reads more like an ad for Regal Holidays than a genuine endorsement.

fwh

I was just about to post to say it appears to be an annual event!
Just to add, the the first person to find this thread after 12 months, has never returned, and that was his only post.
I must be cynical too - it definitely looks like a plug for Regal!
No, nothing to do with Regal at all, just a customer who has had great holidays in Turkey all supplied via Regal.The first time i ever used them it was via Teletex and i continued on from their.
Assume away, I though the idea was to give feedback regardless or like you am i picking this up wrong?????
I thought it would be nice to give praise as everyone loves to give negative comments.
Apologies if we are jumping to conclusions but we do actually get a lot of it. One company (no names) had all their staff posting nice comments about them. We knew because our Mod team were able to identify them from the IP address.

fwh
hindsy

let me explain the suspicious attitude we may appear to have. We live in a society where people rarely make much effort to praise good service, sad state of affairs I know. So it can look odd if someone not only wants to write a glowing review but actually searches out a board to write it on in the first place. Positive reviews from existing members who originally found us because they were looking for info, and therefore know where we are, will always arouse less suspicion. We do know that some posts have been made on here my staff/friends of the companies and it is widely known that a certain other site is plagued by positive reports made by people who got something from the company being reviewed in return so we look out for odd posts.

If you were to come back at intervals and add things to forums on other subjects than this company it would help boost your crediblity as your post count against the review will continue to grow.
Point taken.I am acvtually on the look out for a week soon and thought the site looked interesting.Yes, my first post, but an honest one.
I would be using Regal again but I am not looking at Tureky just for a week away.
Tip for anyone thinking of booking with Regal.

Ring the office, I have never deal online with them so it may differ.
Dont expect 5* if you are not paying for 5*.
Turkish rating seem to be a lot lower than british so, a 4* is more like a 3* etc.
The contact I had was a gent called John who may or may not be owner any longer. I dealt with him on every deal I took and fpunf him to be honest about the hotels etc.

Well must go. work to be done and a holiday to find.
Dont expect 5* if you are not paying for 5*.

we ought to have that as our site logo!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.