Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Like many other customers we have had dreadful problems with Regal and I strongly advise others not to use them. The complaints sound very similar - phones not being answered, emails not responded to, when getting the phone answered being told someone would ring back but never did, we were told flights were booked which weren't. I was still chasing them to the very last minute i.e. same day as departure!! trying to get answers to having no tickets or paperwork. When I finally managed to speak to man on the phone he became extremely abusive. I had absolutely no confidence in there being a hotel room for us to stay in, let alone a flight. It was extremly stressful and i would strongly advise people not to use them
It wouldn't surprise me if they were close to going under. In the past years they were quite good but it seems the credit crunch will claim another holiday firm. Just my opinion.
more problems with Regal!!! We put in a complaint to them registered post - it was returned to us the other day saying that no one to sign for the letter!! no faith what so ever!! Don't use Regal Hoidays!!
Things are looking really grim,I am waiting for a pack from Ros and still never heard a thing from Regal
I am glad to say that I havre had a successful conclusion to my complaint. I wrote to the customer services at Regal Holidays, outlining the problems we had when we arrived in Turkey. They initially offered a discount off the cost of a future holiday. I however insisted on having a compensation in cash, not a discount and now not in future. They agreed to my demand and after a short delay sent me a cheque.
please advise of the contact details for Customer Services at Regal Holidays - I assume it is not the same as the address in Belvedere Road..
Hi 'disappointed'.
The address I wrote to is 'Regal Holidays, 89 Bellegrove Road,Welling, Kent DA 16 3PG'. I hope you have a similar outcome
Hi,
Has anybody had any dealings with Regal Holidays this year at all. I have just booked to go to the Marmaris Palace in Icmeler on 27th July to 10th August and am now a little worried after reading the posts on here (all from last year). The Marmaris Palace was not available on any other site and I even tried to book it direct with the hotel and they told me they had nothing available until after 17th August, so I am a little concerned about the reviews about the hotel being changed when you get there through overbooking. I am also very concerned about the stories of the transfers not turning up either at the airport or at the hotel on departure. If anyone has used Regal recently, can they let me know of any good/bad experiences.

Thanks
Hi

Let me know how it goes in July i am travelling in august with them to Olu Deniz. I have sent them an e mail outlining my concerns from these posts and asking for confirmation my transfers etc are booked that was four days ago and no response.

Thanks
Will let you know how it goes when we get back. Received the flight tickets through a couple of weeks ago but have been told to print the confirmation email off to take with us as hotel voucher. Just hope everything goes okay and transfers turn up.
Everything went fine - got flight tickets straight away and took printed off email as hotel voucher which was fine. Both transfers turned up okay and on time. Didn't really contact the rep over there apart from phoning to find out what time bus was picking us up for return flight but gave us some details if you wanted her to visit you at the hotel or book trips.
Hi

Many thanks mind is a bit more at rest we received flight tickets

Thanks Again
Just returned from a 10 day holiday with Regal. All straightforward, no problems encountered.
We have just returned from a holiday to Turkey using REGAL HOLIDAYS, everything went smoothly without any problems from getting the 4 single hotel rooms as requested to the airport transfares. Tickets arrived in the post 10 days before departure along with information about our airport transfers which were fantastic.

We would highly recommend this company as we were a liitle worried after looking on google earth seeing what the office looked like outside but we had nothing to worry about, emails got answered within 48 hours and it was such a cheap holiday - the only thing we did not enjoy to much was the hotel Pineta Club (avoid this hotel as not that good) we were always out so did not bother us that much.

We are already looking to book again with regal holidays back to Marmaris, Turkey but with a diffrent hotel :)
It never ceases to amaze me how a first time poster can find a thread that has not been touched in over 12 months. :think
Sunaddict wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how a first time poster can find a thread that has not been touched in over 12 months. :think

Considering some posters were saying they thought Regal would go under 12 months ago, then someone posting an up to date positive report is valid. (yes I am a new poster)
FTR I am using Tapatalk and the dates don't show the year, only by going to the first page do you know approx when a thread was started.
I have used Regal now 8 times to go to Turkey.
I have had no problems at all with John and his staff.
Tickets arrive as promised, hotel is what was explained as are the resorts I have holidayed at.
Transfers always arrive and collect,as per booking.
The staff are clued up on resorts and can offer good advice for first time travellers to the wonderful place of Turkey.
I am hopig to get away again early September and hope regal can as in the past provide me with a cheap welcome break. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.