Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
The rear seats in son's case were most definitely 'put aside' for disabled... as obviously in SMa's case too.
It is very much true that Ryanair do and have put 'Disabled' at the back of the plane...just google it and see what many others are saying :think
and this is from the Beloved Ryanair site itself!!!! :que

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/reserved-seating-on-all-routes-from-10th-january-2012
Oh well, bad old Ryanair and their pesky low, low fares, might just have to spend an extra few hundred £'s and fly a 'proper' airline ;)
Oh well, bad old Ryanair and their pesky low, low fares, might just have to spend an extra few hundred £'s and fly a 'proper' airline ;)

I quite agree...you get what you pay for and as everyone KNOWS what they will (or will not get) on the flight you really can't complain...

:que
the world's favourite airline

I thought that this was copyrighted by BA .....
Alsacienne wrote:
the world's favourite airline

I thought that this was copyrighted by BA .....

what a very odd comment :duh

Absolutely nothing to do the discussion of Disabled seats at the back of the plane or the front rows being left empty on purpose :que
I thought the topic was about Ryanair where we can discuss all it's idiosyncracies, not just disabled seating. What is odd about Alsacienne questioning a press release put out by Ryanair?. British Airways have always been known as the worlds favourite airline, whether it's true or not.
we have taken our grand-daughters away every year since they were born,to different parts of europe and have never been questioned regarding their mother's/father's absence.but thanks for informing me of your recent situation,and i will carry a letter of authority on this trip.
i think it is a good thing to do at airports in this day and age to be honest,you can never be too safe where children are involved.
I have even seen parents being questioned about there own children, like asking the children how old they are, and if they know there date of birth, and checking these details against the passport
REMINDER

Ryanair website to close for 24 hour upgrade

Ryanair is to close down its website this weekend for 24 hours to allow for an upgrade.

Ryanair.com website will be closed from 22.00hrs on Fri 18 May until midnight Sat 19 May.

Flights will be unaffected and Ryanair has already advised passengers due to travel over the weekend to make sure they check-in online before 1600hrs on 18 May.

Ryanair"s Stephen McNamara said: "Our upgraded site will improve performance, and allow us to introduce a new SMS text alert system which will deliver real time info to passenger during flight delays of over 2 hours and during periods of mass disruption, such as adverse weather, air traffic control strikes or airspace closures."

With permission from Travelmole
Online Check-in - Not available from 16:00 hrs on Fri. 18 May until 12:00 hrs. Sun. 20 May

http://www.ryanair.com/en/notices/gops/120508-newskiesclosure-en-GB
:offtop about

I have even seen parents being questioned about there own children, like asking the children how old they are, and if they know there date of birth, and checking these details against the passport

My youngest has been questioned like that...a couple of times going out...and once coming back....I thought it could have been because we were all dark hair and he was blond...glad to know someone was keeping a proper check....tweetie

ps....not in early days when he was on my passport...but when my passport was renewed he had to have his own.
I have to say that I have found Ryanair very helpful over the last few days. Flying to Valencia in 2 weeks and on the spur of the moment over a few drinks, decided to let our 15 year old son bring a friend with us on a holiday that we have had booked for 2 months. On trying to book this lad on, realised that 15 year olds cant fly without an adult. Telephoned the call centre, got through straight away, the operative told me to book him as an adult, then ring back and link his passport to my booking which we did, they put his passport details on the booking there and then and today we have checked in online and all is spot on! Well done Ryanair!
Long shot (I've deleted the info on my phone), but can anyone tell me which aircraft flew FR2626 (MAN>IBZ) on Thursday 26th April & FR2627 on Saturday 28th April (IBZ>MAN)?

I don't think anybody can complain with Ryanair's prices, I flew to Ibiza for just £19.98 return from Manchester, and have to say was utterly impressed with the swiftness of Ryanair, in particular of their turn around & the fact that both flights departed on time.

Its true to say you get what you pay for, but at those prices, I wouldn't hesitate to fly with Ryanair again.

Suddy.
Suddy,

Are you after aircraft type or registration? Ryanair operate an all Boeing 737-8AS fleet. FR2626 on 26/04/12 was EI-DYP. FR2627 on 28/04/12 was EI-EBD.

Darren
I don't think anybody can complain with Ryanair's prices,

I think it depends on the nature of your complaint - I would agree with you that at their prices, expecting to receive the whistles and bells that come with 'full service' operators and then complaining when you don't get them is daft. But cheap fares are no excuse for humiliating disabled passengers and seeking every which way they can to avoid complying with the law. Nor is it acceptable to try and enlist the support of other passengers in discriminating against disabled passengers by scaremongering that prices for everybody else would go up if they were made to comply with the DRA laws.

Would anybody think it acceptable for Ryanair to argue that they shouldn't be expected to comply with CAA safety regulations etc because it costs money to keep aircraft serviced etc and means that fares are kept higher than they need be? I think not but O'Leary really thought that he could do the equivalent with regards to obeying the law with regards to the rights of disabled passengers. Hence why I think that my complaint is fully justified and why I won't book with them regardless of how cheap their fares are.

SM
How long has Ryanair been providing reserved seating on their planes?
I always pay for priority boarding to get extra legroom seats, but just went to print my boarding passes and the extra legroom seats can now be reserved(for a price of course),
so feel as if priority boarding is a waste of time now as most of them seats are now reserved.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.