Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Never get carried away with the number of seats at a price, there is nothing to stop them finding some more later. Thomson/TUI and others have used this sort of marketing for years. True, with Ryanair if you are getting close to the date the prices are more likely to go up but several months out it may just be a come-on.
I see ryanair complain about price increases at dublin airport, think they have a cheak to complain, when they increased there prices, example; boarding card re-issue up from £40 to £60, admin fee, now no way to avoid it unless you go for ryanair prepaid mastercard,which Im sure in the future will have more fees
Ryanair base to close for runway repairs

Ryanair will temporarily close its Bremen base in August while the runway is resurfaced.

Its three aircraft will be moved to other European bases for the nine days from 6-14 August.

All flights to and from Bremen will be cancelled during this period and passengers will get full refunds.

With permission from Travelmole
I have booked Ryanair Liverpool to Almeria. Tried to book extra passengers on same flight but no flights for
any dates showing. One site saying we do not fly this route ( through skyscanners ) Anyone any idea whats
going on
Hi David.
Thanks for the prompt reply, at least I know now and can make other arrangements.
Ryanair not notified me yet, but not a surprise. Cheers mate
Hi David
Just received a text from Ryanair confirming Liverpool to Almeria route cancelled
before it commences. Will not be flying this route at all, thanks Ryanair for wasting
peoples time and planning again. Jet2 are doing Manchester to Murcia at a decent
price.
Thanks again for your help
Hello, not posted for a while, hope someone can advise on this problem.

My son is booked onto a 4 night break through locostholidays with flights from Liverpool with Ryanair. It's a dyamic package so we knew about the potential pitfalls but it was the best deal available as it includes the June bank holiday weekend and we booked hotel, flight, insurance, transfers and car parking.

He was booked onto the Sat eve flight FR9592. I've just had an email saying they've changed his day of travel to the Sunday evening. Sunday is my mum's birthday so he really needs to arrive on Saturday or at a push, earlier on Sunday to meet up and celebrate.

It looks like Ryanair have flights from Manchester on Saturday - this isn't ideal as he'd come back into Liverpool but is doable. Given that Ryanair don't have the best customer sevice record, do you think there's any point in asking if they'd move him to that flight instead (assuming I can actually get a response from them)?

Looking at the T&C it looks like he'll only get a refund on the flight out (although if he doesn't use it, how would he use the flight back?)

Then of course I have the fun of amending the other components like transfers and car parking etc :banghead:

If anyone's had a similar experience please let me know......
A similar question to the post above - I've just received an email today advising me that flights I had booked (Liverpool to Gran Canaria) have been moved from Friday 29th June to Monday July 2nd.
I am fully aware that this is one of the risks you take with low cost carriers and Ryanair have offered a refund but we now find ourselves in the position of changing our hotel booking which will no doubt incur an admin fee - all down to the change of flights.
I have looked at alternatives, but prices of flights have risen sharply since I booked these flights and would mean adding up to £500 to the cost which I would like to avoid for obvious reasons.
Has anyone had an issue like this before and is there any advice you can pass on?
An update...

I actually got through on the 0870 no (on my fourth attempt, twice cut off as they were too busy, once there appeared to be a fault when I got in the queue cos all I could hear was static, then finally got through having queued for about five mins - nowhere near as bad as I expected) and the call handler immediately agreed to change both outbound and return flights to Manchester on the original dates - with a choice of outbound times! No charge, no fuss and an email confirmation waiting when I got home... quite pleased. In fact if we hadn't prepaid for airport parking at Liverpool I'd be well chuffed as the flight times are better but the flights were more expensive when we booked... hopefully locostholidays will be as helpful in rearranging transfers etc!

So it would appear that they will allow you to move to any other available and suitable flight if you have a similar problem.

Wonder if it's just Liverpool they're cutting flights from? - and if so and you've got a flight booked, might be worth checking their timetables......
It looks like ryanair have cancelled all flights from liverpool to rimini
It looks as though Ryanair are having a little bit of bother with their flights to and from Schengen countries now, especially on their Budapest-based flights.

Here
Aviation authorities confirm Ryanair safety probe

Aviation authorities in Ireland have confirmed they are investigating Ryanair's policy of charging passengers extra to sit in emergency exit seats amid fears that it may jeopardise passenger safety.

Their rules state that self-help emergency exit seats should be occupied by passengers who can open the doors in an emergency, but there are concerns that these seats on Ryanair flights are being left empty when passengers refuse to pay extra to sit in them.

Many UK airlines - including several charter carriers - also charge passengers a premium to sit in seats next to emergency exits, which offer more legroom, but the Civil Aviation Authority in the UK does not insist that these seats are occupied.

A CAA spokesman said: "There is nothing in the Operator's Manual that we publish that specifies that the emergency exit row has to be occupied."

He said there was an obligation on UK airlines for cabin crew to provide a specific verbal briefing to the passenger seated nearest to the emergency exit. "All UK airlines comply with our operating guidelines," he added.

Ryanair, however, is registered in Ireland and must comply with Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) rules. The IAA said today: "It is (our) policy that seats at self-help emergency exits are occupied. Ryanair have initiated a policy of charging a premium for such seats and the IAA is in discussion with Ryanair as to how this new policy conforms to IAA requirements."

One Ryanair passenger told the Daily Mail he had been asked by a member of Ryanair's cabin crew to make sure he knew how to operate the emergency exits, even though he was sitting in the row in front. There were no passengers sitting in the emergency exit row.

The IAA said it was not aware of a similar situation with any other Irish airline.

Ryanair said it was discussing the matter with the IAA.

With permission from Travelmole
It looks like O'Leary will be throwing the toys out of his pram....along with his threats.

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_34175.shtml
O'Leary will be throwing the toys out of his pram....along with his threats

No change there then! ;)
It rarely happens that there is praise for Ryanair, so thought I would post some. My son was due to fly to Lanzarote on holiday a couple of weeks ago. Sadly my mother passed away in UK, so the holiday was cancelled. He rang Ryanair and they said if he sent a copy of the death certificate, and his booking reference, they would refund all monies paid, for both him and his partner. Which they did, no quibbles, no admin fee either.
Some people I know had to move their Ryanair flights at short notice because of an illness to one of the children. They flew a few days later for no extra charge, no admin fee, nothing. :clap
Just received an email from Ryanair asking me to complete a survey following our flight from Tenerife to Valencia yesterday.

Did I miss the announcement about them or are they targetting certain routes - anyone else had one ?

Chris
I'm probably over thinking this, but would appreciate confirmation from someone who knows! I have a flight booked with a 15kg bag pre booked. I now need more allowance, but can't upgrade the 15kg to 20kg according to the website. But it says I can have two checked bags, for an appropriate fee. So, if I pay for an additional bag, does this give me 2 x 15kgs allowance?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.