Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Dear Tireless Traveller,

Apologies that you feel we did not support you during the difficult period when Kingfisher cancelled their flights. This was a very difficult period and like you, we were not 100% sure what was happening with Kingfisher and what would happen in the future. We could only act upon the information and commercial policy that we were receiving from the airline and at the time it was "do not cancel passengers bookings, we will be operating". The difficulty for us was if we did cancel and re-book passengers prior to a flight officially being cancelled, Kingfisher were refusing to refund, also if they were able to offer a re-route or another Kingfisher service they would not refund in the case of a new ticket being purchased. It was a catch 22 situation. The Kingfisher saga was very unprecedented, they have not gone into administration and even today still operate domestic flights within India so normal scheduled airline failure insurance did not apply. Likewise as we the agent have not defaulted, ATOL & the CAA rules do not apply. For a long period we were waiting for IATA to come to a reasonable conclusion with Kingfisher as to next steps and in particular what would happen with refunds. Luckily Kingfisher had a very large bond with IATA and IATA have agreed with Kingfisher that passengers will be refunded from this bond.
We have submitted over 500 refunds via IATA and we are currently waiting for IATA / Kingfisher to approve these and advise how much will be refunded. I can not discuss an individual case in a forum like this but please do contact me on john@ticketstoindia.co.uk and I will look into your case off line. If we are able to secure you a refund you have our assurances that we will do so and refund you for the portion of your ticket that was unused.

As to being a reputable agent with accreditation, I can assure you that we hold all the appropriate licences in the UK via the Civil Aviation Authority to operate as a retail travel agent, we are also members of the Advantage Travel Group. We take our business, reputation and responsibilities very seriously. If we did not we wouldn't have been in business for 15 years now arranging travel for over 80,000 passengers per year.

Kind regards John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.