Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Stoupa
50 Posts
Thank you to all of you who replied to my request on Stoupa - will be visiting various websites and will certainly be trying out some of the places mentioned. Watch this space for feedback!
Hi there,
We're looking to book for Stoupa this summer. Has anyone stopped at the votsala studios? Just wondering where they where, how far are they from the main beach etc. Also been looking at the anna studios, anyone been there!
Glad if you could help
Hi, we have booked for Stoupa this year. Try http://www.zorbas.de/english/welcome/php. there is tons of chat, reviews, info etc on Stoupa on this website. There is bound to be something about the apartments you are interested in. 8)
Has anyone any information on the Theoxenia studios, as we plan to go there at the beginning of Aug ? Or any views on Stoupa ?
any advice would be appreciated.
Try http://www.zorbas.de for all to do with Stoupa. Great place but busy in the high season. The webcam picture does no justice to the village at all.
Stoupa is great, but like the rest of Greece August will be hot and peak tourist season. If you can delay till September it will be a different resort, not so rushed, more room on the beaches etc

Kalogria beach is gorgeous sand and the sea cobalt blue, if at times a little chilly due to the fresh water springs. If you see some pictures of the bay it has little whirlpools where the water springs are evident.
The town beach is rather shingly, but shares the same excellent view, but backs on to the main road. Early in the season melted snow water enters the bay from the mountains behind via the dry river bed on the main town beach by the supermarket.

There are plenty of followers for this resort, rightly it has a special place amongst us british tourists as it is the way greece used to be.

If you have a morning coffee at the harbour taverna by the fish restaurant, and look back across the bay. Coffee will progress to lunch, the afternoon will slip by ...

That is the magic of Stoupa ....
This topic has been edited to remove several posts of unauthorised advertising for the same cafe, which were coincidentally posted from Greece by two members sharing the same IP address. Any further similar posts will also be deleted.

David HT Mod
We're booked into the Penelope Studios in Stoupa in September through Manos. We received a letter today saying that building work on an apartment block adjacent to the Penelope has recommenced, and that some disturbance may be experienced.

Has anyone been to the Penelope recently, or know where they are in Stoupa, who could advise us whether the disturbance is enough to warrant changing the holiday.

We're after a quiet location so wouldnt really want to spend 2 weeks listening to hammering and drilling.

Any info appreciated. Many thanks
You'd be best asking your question about Penelope on the Zorbas website
http://www.zorbas.de/webcam/camboard/
Many thanks - I've re-posted on that site. In the meantime if anyone here can answer my query I'll be watching this forum as well.

Yassas!
My parents go there every year and they say that it's mainly Greeks and British couples (mostly over 50s). I don't think it's the best place for teenagers or young adults, but there's certainly lots of tavernas and the beach they say is very clean (and they've seen many in their lives!)

I can ask where they stay every year (they book it directly as it's more common that way in Greece).
Happy-go-lucky is right it's not a place to go and party it's a very laidback sort of place and has nothing but a couple of beaches one or two shops some good tavernas and a pretty good icecream cafe so if anyone wants a fun holiday it's not the place to be unless you want to be bored to tears after a few days, some Brits that go tend to be of the frumpy brigade and think it's a secret place to go.
I think Kavos, Malia, Laganas or Falaraki might suit you, just because people dont want to party allnight dos'nt mean they are frumpy. Stoupa is a great resort catering for children and ADULTS who prefer to remember the previous evening
Kavoc, Malia, and Lagaanes , and Falarili are all 18/30 resorts so think about it yes you want lively holiday but do you want 18/30
well, OK I have to agree with Vivian on this one, a quiet resort where you find middle aged people isn't necessarily everyone's cuppa...

I am Greek and I detest the 18/30 attitude so I wouldn't go anywhere near Faliraki or Ayia Napa for the life of me, but I am still young and find that the in-between places cater from people like me just great. Think Halkidiki or Paros or even some parts of Crete :D
I am not suggesting that you can't stay out past midnight in Stoupa, I've never been to the place, but from what my parents said it did strike me as the 'quiter' type of resort. Now again what is quiet to me might be lively to others so it's all very relevant 8)
Dear Radio Apollo,
We were booked to go to Stoupa for 3 weeks in August 2005 also with Manos. The apartments were called Mani (2bed) and were booked in September 2004. We had a letter in May saying that Major building works were taking place next door and that consequently they were withdrawing Mani for the summmer season. They gave us an alternative accomodation called Paris Apartments, again 2 bed apartments as before. However these apartments had been withdrawn from their Summer brochure last year and I was curious why. The internet is a great source of information.
One site had people who had plenty to say about the Paris location. A car welding shop is next door and there is hammering and Angle grinding going on all day.... by the man they call The Iron Man. Obviously we go to Greece for a relaxing holiday. We have declined this alternative and booked elsewhere. My advice to you is to research the apartments carefully, and not trust anything that Manos tell you about the noise element. In our case they were happy to send us to inferior apartments with obvious noise issues that had history i.e. complaints from clients had led Manos to initially withdraw these apartments from their 2005 brochure.
I hope this is of some help.
Hi my parents are looking to go to stoupa next june staying in george hotel.Does anybody have any information about the area and the hotel. :)

thanks
Try this website and you'll find out everything about Stoupa you'll ever need to know.
http://zorbas.de/webcam/eindex.php
Thinking about going to Stoupa mid August for a week. We want a relaxing not too touristy holiday but I have read that it becomes extremely crowded during this month. Obviously I realise August will be crowded everywhere (teacher - no choice!) but am wondering if there will be space on the beach, in the sea for snorkelling etc. If anyone has been in August time could you let me know what you think please?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.